Can't unroot droid x

ArmyDude

Reaction score
bin and xbin are system folders. You should have xbin. If when you rooted, you copied busybox to xbin, then you will have it there. If not, it won't exist. busybox is an app that is needed for root access. I'm not sure it's actual specifics.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Busybox is a set of Linux applets (in this case, Android applets, but I digress) that do all sorts of useful things. A lot of apps rely on busybox being installed so the dev doesn't have to program that functionality into the app while coding it.

VERY useful bugger to have installed. The market has a busybox installer that I recommend for all rooters to download and use because it keeps your busybox install up-to-date.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Cool man thanks ill go download it right now.. you think the unrooting method will work after I install busybox? Or will I have to find a way to download xbin too?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
xbin is just the folder busybox is installed to. Just skip the busybox line in the unrooting instructions from earlier and see if you run into any further errors. :)

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Cool ill give it a try thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Ok guys while using the terminal emulator it said no such directory found after I typed in rm /system/xbin/su ... I skipped the busybox command like u said.

bigd73

Reaction score
Did you get it figured out? BTW, doroot installs su and busybox to the /system/bin folder. ;)

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Hey thanks alot big d!!! It worked! Now how would u recommend I root my phone again?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid and I can not imagine not being rooted! If you need assistance let us know.

Mike

bigd73

Reaction score
There is doroot on rootzwiki with directions and there is also the super one click for all droids app already linked in this section. Your choice.

OP

11bravo

Reaction score
Ia there a way I can use the terminal emulator to reroot my phone?

bigd73

Reaction score
I'm sure there is, but I don't know it for OTA 2.2.