Can't unlock my phone! :-(

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing seems to work. I don't want to loose all of my text threads, photos, apps etc by master reset. Why does it not read my Google login info? Frustrating!!!

Try this:

1) create a new gmail account on your computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail account and keep the old one.

(And sometimes you have to disconnect your wifi connection and then reconnect and before it will work.)

droideric1

Reaction score
#3 of the 9 steps does not take me back to home screen, it takes me back to login. What do you mean turn off wifi? I can't get to any part of my phone!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nothing seems to work. I don't want to loose all of my text threads, photos, apps etc by master reset. Why does it not read my Google login info? Frustrating!!!

You will not lose photos, apps by doing a hard reset...txt yes tho.

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
What I did was go to the Verizon store. Guy there found several of the same complaints on his web site, but didn't know how to fix. He did a wipe/reboot on the phone. (not sure how he did this, pushed the volume keys a bunch that I saw.) Anyway, I lost most of the apps I d/l'd... not too terrible since they were all free ones at the time. It saved all contacts and I think photos. But... anyway, Verizon store is all I've got for you...

droideric1

Reaction score
I just returned from the Verizon store and they did a master reset and was able to salvage all my photos, apps, contacts and more, but not all. I am back on and all is well, just need to re-organize and personalize my settings again. Thanks everyone for the help and for those who come across this problem in the future, just go to the store. Nothing else worked for me!