Can't unlock my phone! :-(

Supertom

Reaction score
Hi... just got my phone a few days ago. I set the security thing so you have to unlock it to use it using the touch square thing. well, my daughter tried it too many times and now it says to enter my email and password to unlock. But, when I enter my gmail email info I get 'wrong email or password' message and I can't' unlock it! WTF? Now what am I supposed to do?
Tom
:mad:

chesa319

Reaction score
My children and great nephews are always locking my phone up like this. For my phone the email and password option works. However I have never had a problem but, feel that Verizon may be able to help you with this problem. Can you post again to let us know how everything worked out for you?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
If you have your alternate email setup in gmail , you can just go to gmail.com online and do a password reset and it will send you a temp password to login to your alternate email address. Then you should be able to login at gmail.com and change your password to the permanent password you want to use. Then you should be able to login to your phone.

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
I only have the one gmail email. It works online just fine. Do I need to do a password change online to get it to work on my phone?

Reaction score
have you tried turning off your and taking out the battery and then putting it back in and then trying the square password thing again?

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
Taking the battery out, turning back on only takes me to the sign on screen again! Ugh!

Reaction score
Try calling your phone and answer it and during the call press the "home" key and see if that will take you to the desktop. Some people have told me that works

Dxun

Reaction score
If you have changed your Gmail password since setting up your phone that is more than likely your problem.

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
Well... that didn't work either. Just stuck on that log in screen! I'll take it into the Verizon store and see if they can do something! Dangit!

Reaction score
Sorry none of the ideas worked, verizon should be able to fix your problem easily for you =)

droideric1

Reaction score
Supertom, What did you end up accomplishing with this lock out problem? I have the same problem and am about to go insane!

bomber889

Reaction score
Have someone call your phone and while you are in the call, press home repeatedly and you should be able to get to the home screen. Then you can change the lock and everything will be fine. This happened to me and this is a horrible bug, I had to do a master reset because I totally forgot my lock.

droideric1

Reaction score
Nothing seems to work. I don't want to loose all of my text threads, photos, apps etc by master reset. Why does it not read my Google login info? Frustrating!!!

droideric1

Reaction score
Have someone call your phone and while you are in the call, press home repeatedly and you should be able to get to the home screen. Then you can change the lock and everything will be fine. This happened to me and this is a horrible bug, I had to do a master reset because I totally forgot my lock.
Didn't work!