Can't unlock my Droid Maxx

10 Furlongs

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Yesterday I put a password on my phone and it worked fine for about 2 or 3 times. When I wanted to unlock it again, I typed the password in and pressed the checkmark but the phone did nothing but remove what I had put in the password bar. It didn't say wrong password like it usually does, just came up with a message after the third try saying wait 30 seconds before trying again. I'm down to one try before the phone wipes itself. I talked to someone at Motorola who was adamant that factory reset was the only option. Do I have any other options? I really don't want to lose everything on my phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't know what's going on with your MAXX, but have you tried to fully restart the phone? I know you only have one try left before a wipe, but I don't know of a way to bypass that and so if what you're typing is being treated as a wrong password something corrupted the password or you're mistyping.

Sometimes a full restart fixes the strangest problems, but if it doesn't you'll use up your last try. Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.

OP

10 Furlongs

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Yes, I've restarted it several times and tried the password before it was down to the last try. I've talked to Verizon now too, and they said to wipe it. Does anyone know if Android Dubug Bridge Commands would work?

nido221

Reaction score
Yes, I've restarted it several times and tried the password before it was down to the last try. I've talked to Verizon now too, and they said to wipe it. Does anyone know if Android Dubug Bridge Commands would work?
Is there last attempt left or you tried that and whipped out your Data?
If the answer is no then wait a little may we will be able to find solution.
I don't know what's going on with your MAXX, but have you tried to fully restart the phone? I know you only have one try left before a wipe, but I don't know of a way to bypass that and so if what you're typing is being treated as a wrong password something corrupted the password or you're mistyping.

Sometimes a full restart fixes the strangest problems, but if it doesn't you'll use up your last try. Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk