Can't unlock can't recover It's a Hot Mess.

cpttango30

Reaction score
So I picked up a droid Razr M for my son. Figured no big deal that it is locked I will boot to recovery and reflash it.

Yeah OK. When I hold the power volume +- All I get is the dead droid with his belly open and the red triangle with the !.

Is there anyway to recover from this?

stemo

Reaction score
I believe you just mash the volume buttons or hold them one and it usually works for me.

OP
C

cpttango30

Reaction score
Tried the power + Vol - and I get the dead droid.

When the phone boots up normally it says too many unlock attempts and asks for a gmail address and password. I don't have that info.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Is the phone rooted? Do you have fast boot files on your PC? Latest moto drivers for your device? To enter fast boot hold power and both volume keys when phone powers down press and hold volume down. You will enter boot loader and will be able to fast boot the phone back to stock. If you don't already have Matt's utility. I would get it. Depending on the system version you will need 1.10 or 1.20. I would try 1.20 first.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tried the power + Vol - and I get the dead droid.

When the phone boots up normally it says too many unlock attempts and asks for a gmail address and password. I don't have that info.

Yea, but once in that mode you need to also use the volume buttons to get to the screen that will allow "cache wipe" and a FDR.
You are only half way there.

drp5069

Reaction score
does anyone know if an exploit is being worked on to unlock the bootloader with this latest update?