Can't Uninstall Twitter

jdegeorge

Reaction score
When I go to SETTINGS >> APPLICATIONS >> MANAGE APPLICATIONS, Twitter is not displayed as an application. I would like to uninstall it from my phone but don't see how I can do it. Help, please! :)

yamaha83

Reaction score
are you running a custom ROM? is so twitter is probably part of the system apps and you will need something like root explorer to delete it... search for how to delete system apps. to make sure its part of the system apps go to setting>applications>manage applications> then on the top click all applications... it should show up there...

OP
J

jdegeorge

Reaction score
Related to Facebook somehow...

At one time I tried to join Twitter and linked it to Facebook. I can't recall installing Twitter directly.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If you are running the latest build from verizon, it includes twitter. Unless you decide to root your phone, you cannot remove it.

OP
J

jdegeorge

Reaction score
Yes...using latest DROID build from Verizon. I'll just leave Twitter alone and accept all automatic updates, I guess. Thanks!

lacie123401

Reaction score
If the application is on social network, try turning on wifi and deleting it, or uncheck the box in the social network -> sync when only wifi is connected

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
No problem, if you decide to take the plunge into rooting, it can be rewarding! There are lots of tutorials and plenty willing to answer questions. Enjoy!