can't uninstall apps???

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by glasshalffull, Jul 2, 2013.

1. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have uninstalled Tripadvisor and flipboard in google play and it keeps showing them in the update section of My Apps for Google play

if i update, it reinstalls the app

i want the app off of my s4 for good....is that not possible?

are these apps bloatware....i thought that i installed them?

i checked in the settings/application manager and the apps are not showing up in there

how do i remove them permanently?

thanks

2. glasshalffull

glasshalffull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have figured out how to disable the apps so they won't show up in the google play updates

3. ms4teacher

ms4teacher Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well?? Do share...

4. GVLBob

GVLBob Member

Ratings:
    +16
    If the app came with the phone, you can't uninstall it, but it can be disabled as the OP said. Settings | More | Application manager. Select the app you wish to disable and then press the Disable button.

5. ms4teacher

ms4teacher Member

Ratings:
    +3
    There is not a disable button but there is a stop button. Although I know most of these features are bloatware and come stock is there anyway to disable them forever without having to do it every time the phone powers on??

6. GVLBob

GVLBob Member

Ratings:
    +16
    If you follow the instructions I shared, there is a Disable button that will permanently disable the app.

7. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    When you select the app in the Application Manager, does the app show "uninstall updates"? If yes, then you need to click that to uninstall all application updates first, then the "disable" option will be available. If you look at my Application Manager, you will see at the bottom of the list the 4 bloatware apps that I have disabled. For the Audible app I have disabled, the "disable" button is replaced by "enable". So once you have uninstalled all the previous app updates to get back to the beginning, "disable" will appear where it would currently show "uninstall updates".

Screenshot_2013-07-02-22-27-29.png Screenshot_2013-07-02-22-28-56.png

8. jseah

jseah Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    When you select the app in the Application Manager, does the app show "uninstall updates"? If yes, then you need to click that to uninstall all application updates first, then the "disable" option will be available. If you look at my Application Manager, you will see at the bottom of the list the 4 bloatware apps that I have disabled. For the Audible app I have disabled, the "disable" button is replaced by "enable". So once you have uninstalled all the previous app updates to get back to the beginning, "disable" will appear where it would currently show "uninstall updates".

There is a difference between "hiding" an app and disabling an app. When you hide the app (that option is available when you are on your Apps screen and you press the "menu" softkey, it is the last option on the list), the app does not appear on your Apps screen, but it is still resident and will update when updates are available. When the app is disabled, it will not be accessible at all, will never run, and will never update. All it does is take up a little space in your memory.

View attachment 64418 View attachment 64419

9. ms4teacher

ms4teacher Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I was able to disable!! Thanks a ton!!

Search tags for this page
android app won't uninstall
android wont uninstall apps
apps won't uninstall android

how to delete tripadvisor app

how to uninstall tripadvisor