1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't Unencrypt Data on VZW Galaxy Nexus Running BB for Toro

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dbchicago, Sep 24, 2012.

1. dbchicago

dbchicago New Member

I have a VZW Galaxy Nexus (Toro). I am running the August 7 build of Bugless and CWM recovery. In order to access my work email, I am required to use encryption on my phone and thus, after loading the ROM, I had to encrypt to access my work account. No, I am unable to mount my SD card using CWM and get an error everytime I try to load anything from the SD card. Thus, I decided to try and factory wipe the device, but it won't let me because of the encryption. Neither the factory reset option in "Settings" nor the wipe/factory reset in CWM works. When I was running stock, there was an option to unencrypt the data on the phone that I used before flashing Bugless, but that doesn't appear to be available in "Settings" in the Bugless build. Anyone have a way to go back to de-encrypt so that I can start fresh?
  2. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

Hello dbchicago,

Have you tried rolling your device back to stock? Pete has some software images for doing just that.

Here is the link for toro:
    Toro - Downloads

Look for Software Images on that page. I hope that helps you regain the option to unencrypt your data.

Vince
  3. dbchicago

dbchicago New Member

Vincent, thanks so much for the response. That's precisely what I'm trying to do and I have the images downloaded to my computer for that purpose. Unfortunately, when I've tried to load them and roll back to stock, once I've loaded the files to my device, I can't access the SD card to flash them. Is there a way to roll back to stock without accessing the SD card? (as a note, It's confusing to me that all instructions say access the SD cad because the device doesn't have an SD card slot, just the on-board memory) . Also. I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a novice at this.
  4. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

You flash those images through fastboot. You don't put them on your SD card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
android won't unencrypt
de encrypt droid dna

decrypt galaxy nexus

dencrypt samsung s3
dencrypt sd card galaxy note
how do i unencrypt my android

how to decrypt galaxy nexus

how to deencrypt a droid razr m
how to unencrypt a galaxy 4
how to unencrypt my android