Can't type more than 1 word on my DROID2 - any help?

WatsonDL

Reaction score
I can't type more than 1 word on my DROID2 when I'm sending a text, replying on FB or email. It stops then all of a sudden it kicks it out of wherever I'm typing to google search. Does anyone, has anyone fixed this or had this happen to you? I've done the *228, took the battery out and waited a few then replaced everything and restarted the phone. My phone holds a good charge and this didn't start happening until after I did the software update. I have an anitvirus program on it but it doesn't detect any virus and says all is ok (green check mark). Help if you have a fix, not really trying to go without my phone because I have to have it replaced.
Thanks for reading and replying..going crazy Io_OI

OP
W

WatsonDL

Reaction score
I found a fix, I'm pretty proud of myself for being technically challenged: Go to Menu--> Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> All --> (scroll until you find) Multitouch Keyboard --> press the button that says: Clear data, a pop up will come up that will say deleting everything blah blah blah, say OK (it will only delete this apps issues, etc.). Then do the *228 and take the battery out wait a few and restart and voila, I'm able to text again! Hope this helps someone else. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

audthomp

Reaction score
Couldn't type anything into Text Message Field. . . but you helped!!!

Watson DL you are AWESOME!!! :hail:I was about to lose my mind!:blink: Thank you!dancedroid

Bcfasho

Reaction score
Thanks a ton, this has been driving me nuts for a few days now!

spudwebb

Reaction score
Watson, you are either an angel or a genius--or both.:biggrin: Happy holidays. you just gave me an early xmas present. I will pay it forward!

dmill7sa

Reaction score
The solution worked for me too! Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that this solution worked for my phone (Droid 2 Global) as well! I had the exact same symptoms as WatsonDL, in that i couldn't type more than 1 word when i was trying to send a text message. The steps to fix the problem were a little different because I am running Android OS version 2.3.3. The new steps for this version of Android are as follows:
  1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Language & keyboard
  3. Select Multi-touch keyboard
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the settings page and select Clear learned words
  5. Select Yes when prompted to confirm this selection