Can't turn off email alerts

bigTseattle

Reaction score
I just got a refurbished warranty phone. No matter what I do, I can't stop getting an audible alert everytime I get an email...both in gmail and hotmail. I've gone into every screen I can find on the phone and can't stop it. I even went into the list of sounds to choose from and there isn't a "none" option. I went into a Verizon store today and they were completely useless. After a good half hour, they proclaimed the problem solved but before I could even get back to the car, it was chiming again with arriving emails.

I'm a property manager so have to have the phone on and near me, even overnight. I can't get any sleep with the phone constantly chiming throughout the night because of emails coming in. I can't take much more.

Anyone have any ideas?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Have you gone into the settings of your email apps and turned off notifications there? If you are using the stock email tap menu> more> settings> notifications> notification sound (uncheck that box)> vibrate on notification (uncheck that box). Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

Last edited:

phonetool

Reaction score
I can't take much more.

Anyone have any ideas?

Turn the volume off at night?

Seriously, though, as stated above, it's not the phone settings you want to look at but the individual app settings. Click on something like 'account settings' and see if you find what you're looking for.

Good luck!

-CM7 on DInc2

phonetool

Reaction score
I have always turned off email alerts, but for some reason I am plagued by a flashing LED from Yahoo mail, even though all alerts are off.
Humbug.
My wife makes me put the phone face down at night. Doesn't bug me but it does her.

-CM7 on DInc2

Brainrazor

Reaction score
I have always turned off email alerts, but for some reason I am plagued by a flashing LED from Yahoo mail, even though all alerts are off.
Humbug.
My wife makes me put the phone face down at night. Doesn't bug me but it does her.

-CM7 on DInc2

Launch the Email app. Tap the < at the top then scroll down to "Settings". In Settings tap your email address. You will see Choose Sound, Use Vibrate, Show in Status Bar. Uncheck all to disable sound and LED flash.

:)