1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't turn off display

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by anySmarterIdRunLinux, Sep 3, 2010.

1. anySmarterIdRunLinux

anySmarterIdRunLinux New Member

Recently reset DroidX to factory default due to horrendous battery life. *Hoping to slowly reinstall apps in an attempt to identify the culprit.

Now, with factory setup +-5 additional apps, I cannot turn off the display - it only shuts off when it times out. *Previously, I could hit the top 'Power' button to turn it off. *Now, nothing.

Simple fix? *Setting need to be adjusted somewhere?

Thanks,
  2. lterry913

lterry913 Member

sounds like a bad or conflicting apps to me, I don't remeber a settings fix for that. maybe delete apps one at a time and see if power buttton works and if all else fails another factory reset. good luck.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

i dont think you can turn off a setting for the power button. try a battery pull
Search tags for this page

android turn off display youtube