can't toggle 3g on/off from desktop anymore

allegroe

Reaction score
hey everybody. I just updated my Droid Eris to 2.1 last night, and so far I've worked past all but one issue: I can't set a shortcut on my desktop to toggle 3g/mobile network on and off. I start by clicking + (add to home) > shortcut > settings but the option is no longer there to choose mobile network. bluetooth and wi-fi are still there, but the update seems to have deleted 3g from the list. anybody out there know how to get around this, or should I just go through the settings menu everytime (which takes considerably longer)?

thanks for your help.

iPirate

Reaction score
I don't think I ever saw 3g on the list.

Why do you need to toggle it? I'm guessing it was removed in 2.0 because most people would want to keep 3G connection if possible.

OP
A

allegroe

Reaction score
it was definitely on that list, I had the shortcut on my desktop for months until just last night. I turn if off while i'm at work to save battery power, might turn it on occasionally to check something then turn if off again. it helps tremendously, as you know the eris doesn't have the longest battery life. thanks tho :)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to drive you away from this board, but you might try posting your question in the Eris-specific board. Just scroll down on the main Droid Forum page and find the Eris forum under specific phone models.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/

Most folks who frequent the general board have Motorola Droids and there are some significant differences in the UI. Or at least there were differences before the 2.1 update for the Eris.