Can't text fast.

mjs31

Reaction score
For browser lag I find xscope to be best followed by dolphin.I have not tried steel.

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I had Smoked Glass 4.1 and the lag on the virtual keyboard was horrible. I had to get rid of it. I'm on Sholes now (going 2.0.5 today) and it seems to be way better. Ironically I didn't notice it as much in the browser (using Dolphin) but definitely when doing forms or texting. Hopefully the new Sholes will be even better on this. I never tried BB but I can definitely say Smoked Glass has the keyboard lag issue.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For me, BB didn't have the keyboard lag anywhere other than the Milestone browser...but that's it...

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
So far so good. Seems stable (no FC's) and the UI is smooth without any lagging. I've loaded most of my apps now and it seems to be moving right along. I'm OC'd to 1 and my temp is stable at 38C.

As for the keyboard, I've done a bunch of emails and texts and it's just as good as stock on the responsiveness. I'll keep poking around throughout the day and post back.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far so good. Seems stable (no FC's) and the UI is smooth without any lagging. I've loaded most of my apps now and it seems to be moving right along. I'm OC'd to 1 and my temp is stable at 38C.

As for the keyboard, I've done a bunch of emails and texts and it's just as good as stock on the responsiveness. I'll keep poking around throughout the day and post back.

Are you using the Milestone browser?? And not getting lag while typing in the browser?

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
Actually I'm using Dolphin. Seems to be fine though. No lag so far either in the address line or in forums' forms (login etc.). I've never tried Milestone though so I can't make a comparison.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
L

Hmm seems to be a problem with bb then. Interesting.

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
L

Yeah I was saying a little bit further up, Smoked Glass 4.1 also has very bad keyboard responsiveness. At least from my experience. I also noticed that Sholes seems to be using the stock keyboard versus a newer one (2.1 maybe?). Not sure if that could be an issue.

Last edited:
OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
L

Yeah I was saying a little bit further up, Smoked Glass 4.1 also has very bad keyboard responsiveness. At least from my experience. I also noticed that Sholes seems to be using the stock keyboard versus a newer one (2.1 maybe?). Not sure if that could be an issue.

Does it have voice to text?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm using Dolphin. Seems to be fine though. No lag so far either in the address line or in forums' forms (login etc.). I've never tried Milestone though so I can't make a comparison.

Oh okay.....Dolphin browser is nothing like the Milestone browser.....the Milestone browser is like the BEST browser in terms of absolutely NO lag whatsoever and SMOOTH scrolling and pinch-zooming....

Just that friggin lag while typing in these forums is BAD....but the Swype keyboard can bypass this issue

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
are we talking about browser speed or overall text input speed now?

Thepunkinator

Reaction score
I was still referring to text input speed. The keyboard with Sholes is different from the one with Smoked Glass. Whether the keyboard itself made a difference or something else I don't know but the input speed is way different. As for the browsers, I haven't really had a problem inputting text so far though I haven't tried Milestone.