Can't text fast.

hacku

Reaction score
Well, now you have a reason to go back, now that there are some revised kernels out there.

I actually decided to go back to stock as well to see what the 2.1 update will have to offer. If I don't like it I might go back to the Sholes ROM, or just wait for them to root and change the official 2.1 update.

I'm happy with the Droid in stock form for now.

D

dman91

I have zero issues on Bugless Beast with typing, and I am one fast typing mofo. However, if using the ported Milestone browser and trying to type on any forums, you will experience lag.
I'm using BB as well and I stopped using the Milestone browser because of the typing lag. Dolphin seems a bit better with it but still lags occasionally as well. Is there any way to fix the lag so typing on forums will be as fast as typing to send a text message?

M

Matth3w

Nope. Try xScope or Steel browser, I get no lag from them either.

Not sure if Milestone users get the lag as well or just us because it is ported from their phone and not supposed to be on our phone.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think its probably just a bug. The stock browser is just as bad on some sites.

D

dman91

Nope. Try xScope or Steel browser, I get no lag from them either.

Not sure if Milestone users get the lag as well or just us because it is ported from their phone and not supposed to be on our phone.
Both are just like Dolphin.

This is the only gripe I have with my Droid. The iPhone doesn't seem to have this lag problem when typing in forums. Hopefully Google will fix this in 2.1.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah with the MT Milestone browser I can type like 10 letters and stop all of a sudden, and then just sit there and watch the buttons pop up like a ghost is typing for about a good 7-8 seconds...

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah with the MT Milestone browser I can type like 10 letters and stop all of a sudden, and then just sit there and watch the buttons pop up like a ghost is typing for about a good 7-8 seconds...
The problem is its not just the browser its in texts too. Only downfall of bb

M

Matth3w

Makes me think there are some other issues interfering because I have never had keyboard lag of any type when typing texts or emails, and that's even with a second keyboard (shapewriter) installed and running in the background at all times.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Makes me think there are some other issues interfering because I have never had keyboard lag of any type when typing texts or emails, and that's even with a second keyboard (shapewriter) installed and running in the background at all times.
How fast do you type? I'm very fast years of sending 8k a month had my fingers trained. And it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem. BTW its not as slow as browser typing.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used BB for a long time now and never ad issues typing anywhere but the MT browser, and I just used Swype to get around that....

You have another issue going on there thats causing problems

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I have used BB for a long time now and never ad issues typing anywhere but the MT browser, and I just used Swype to get around that....

You have another issue going on there thats causing problems
I don't think so because if I go back to stock its a little fster

M

Matth3w

Gotta be something...what do you benchmark in BB just out of curiosity?

droider4life

Reaction score
I just want to say that I am not rooted or overclocked.. completely stock nd my phone lags. Both while using x scope and also while texting.. it started about two weeks after I got my phone and has done it ever since.. and that was over two months ago.. just thought I would tell u guys.. it drives me CRAZY... but... still love my phone. ...