Can't text fast.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Recently here, my phone has been acting up. I go to text fast(on screen) and half the time I get a different word than I'm suppose to because it never registered me hitting a button or two or three...

It was fine before. Anyway to clear this up?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yes, its the kernel. Th3Steve from All droid has a fixed 1ghz kernel that I use.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Good to know about Sholes. I know they were talking about including it, but didn't know they had released it already.

Awesome :)

M

Matth3w

Wait...are you talking about typing on the forum or in the browser, or just in general?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just in general, using the virtual keyboard.

M

Matth3w

I have zero issues on Bugless Beast with typing, and I am one fast typing mofo. However, if using the ported Milestone browser and trying to type on any forums, you will experience lag.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Cool.

Unfortunately, there is a somewhat large group of people who do have problems with the virtual keyboard, using the overclock kernels.

robotkiller

Reaction score
Good to know about Sholes. I know they were talking about including it, but didn't know they had released it already.

Awesome :)

Well...according to the website, the final 2.0.4 will include it. The final is supposed to come out tonight.

hacku

Reaction score
The lag in the virtual keyboard was one of the reasons I went back to stock. I like to type fast, and it pissed me off that I had to type much slower on purpose in order for the keyboard to keep up with me.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well, now you have a reason to go back, now that there are some revised kernels out there.