Cant take picture

R

richz

it keeps saying insert sd card...i thought sd cards were built into phone
wtf!!!!!!!!!!! why insert sd card wtf is this sh--

OP
R

richz

plenty other things i cant do too cuz it says no sd card f-this someone help plz

Reaction score
maybe you got a bum card? do you have a card reader try it in there or hook the usb up to the computer and try to look to see if it recognizes the card or try to reformat the card.

segen77

Reaction score
from home screen

menu->settings->sd card & phone storage. make sure it is mounted.

OP
R

richz

it says if i reformat sd card it erases all memory

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
maybe you got a bum card? do you have a card reader try it in there or hook the usb up to the computer and try to look to see if it recognizes the card or try to reformat the card.

I'm with SillyWabbit.

Take out the battery and the MicroSD Card and see if it gets recognized in a computer. If not, then you know the card went bad / needs to be reformatted. If not, maybe the MicroSD card isn't seated properly or a simple battery pull will be enough for the phone to re-recognize it.

- Mega

OP
R

richz

@segen77 i try to press unmount sd card but it is grey and wont let me

OP
R

richz

I'm with SillyWabbit.

Take out the battery and the MicroSD Card and see if it gets recognized in a computer. If not, then you know the card went bad / needs to be reformatted. If not, maybe the MicroSD card isn't seated properly or a simple battery pull will be enough for the phone to re-recognize it.

- Mega
how would i remove the microsd card, is that the big removable thing? sorry really bad at this new to it

segen77

Reaction score
@segen77 i try to press unmount sd card but it is grey and wont let me

take mega's advice. if reseating it doesn't work then and you can't recognize it using the other methods a reformat may be needed. I had this same issue when I first got the phone, but haven't had the issue since then.

OP
R

richz

just did a battery pull, working as of now i think :\ can take pics :D, will post up if something else happens. peace

Reaction score
watch this video its about the battery door being loose but it shows you how to get the phon open and where the sd card is. which comes out easily.

[video=youtube;pJ-Kua5Lunk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-Kua5Lunk[/video]