nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Whenever I try to run 3g instead of 4g I just get no cell signal at all. This sstarted once I upgraded to ICS. Any one else?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
nonnasmyladie said:
Whenever I try to run 3g instead of 4g I just get no cell signal at all. This sstarted once I upgraded to ICS. Any one else?

Are you using the lte on/off app to switch to 3g?

Kimo91

Reaction score
I use the HTC thunderbolt LTE on/off app and works flawlessly for me when I have to manually switch down to 3G

sent from my Sith powered and rooted Razr Maxx

Condor86

Reaction score
Is there anyway to switch back to 4G. I'm having problems switching it back. Any help would be appreciated.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Condor86 said:
How long does it take for it to switch back. When I switch from CDMA auto (PRL) to LTE/CDMA/EvDo or LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA the 3G disappears and 4G never appears. But as soon as I go back to 3G it appears in under a minute or so.

It should appear within seconds assuming it's available. The other thing that is weird is that 3g shouldn't disappear switching to either of those settings unless 4g comes up. Three only way 3g should go away is if you switch to lte only

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Condor86 said:
Is there anyway to switch back to 4G. I'm having problems switching it back. Any help would be appreciated.

You can go to setting>more>network>then select lte. (It doesn't give you the 3g option) or *#*#4636#*#* will put you where lte on/off puts you for the selection.

thegreatone3

Reaction score
I also use the Thunderbolt LTE On /Off app to switch from LTE to 3G on my Maxx. However, for me the app is very flaky when trying to switch back to LTE. Instead, I just go into Settings.
SETTINGS, MORE..., MOBILE NETWORKS, NETWORK MODE, LTE/CDMA.
This always gets my 4G back almost instantaneously.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
It should appear within seconds assuming it's available. The other thing that is weird is that 3g shouldn't disappear switching to either of those settings unless 4g comes up. Three only way 3g should go away is if you switch to lte only

I'll second that.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
thegreatone3 said:
I also use the Thunderbolt LTE On /Off app to switch from LTE to 3G on my Maxx. However, for me the app is very flaky when trying to switch back to LTE. Instead, I just go into Settings.
SETTINGS, MORE..., MOBILE NETWORKS, NETWORK MODE, LTE/CDMA.
This always gets my 4G back almost instantaneously.

In total agreement, seems by the time I back out of the screens my 4g is already blue. On/off could wait 15 seconds or more.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Even if i manually switch to 3g in the settings my phone just doesn't work.

I hate 4g i don't want to use it ever.

All I want is for my phone to run on 3g so i can have the battery last more than 4 hours

joshxdroid

Reaction score
nonnasmyladie said:
Even if i manually switch to 3g in the settings my phone just doesn't work.

I hate 4g i don't want to use it ever.

All I want is for my phone to run on 3g so i can have the battery last more than 4 hours

Have you used the lte on/off app? Your phones settings don't have 3g only if you are stock

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
the phone info app works i just haven't figured out which configurations are best there are so many options.

josh you are running cm10 jelly bean on your razr, does the camera still not work?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
nonnasmyladie said:
the phone info app works i just haven't figured out which configurations are best there are so many options.

josh you are running cm10 jelly bean on your razr, does the camera still not work?

You want "cdma auto (prl)" setting. The camera works on my rom. I think the flash is still a problem. I never seem to need flash.

Sent from my XT912 running Scalpel CM10 jelly bean