Can't Stop Music App From Running

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anyone having problem with the stock music app starting on it own? I used the app last night and tried out the Internet Radio function...nice function. Powered off my phone and put it on the charger for the night. This morning when I turned on the phone the music app started on its own. I only discovered the problem after my battery went from 100% charge to like 88% charge in like an hour. When I checked to see what the heck was causing the battery drain I discovered the music app was the culprit. I force closed the app, cleared cache and powered off the phone. Waited a couple of minutes and powered the phone on. And yes, the music app once again was started on power up and I had to force close again. How do you stop this app from starting on its own?

Yann

Reaction score
Do you have a autostart??

Sent with the DroidForums app

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Do you have a autostart??

Sent with the DroidForums app
I don't think so but I better check the SmartAction I have running...it might have developed a smartaction based on behavior and now it starts on it own based on the SmartAction...Thanks.

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
What is autostart and how do you disable it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Well, there is a couple of settings you can use to get things to sych. One of them is the SmartAction app that you can set up to start an app when certain actions or a certain condition exist. The other is settings in background data sync and app sync setup that allows apps to start background sync or startup at certain intervals. You have to be care with each one or you wind up with apps sync and dowloading a lot of data, running down your battery and registering large amounts of downloaded data on your VZW data plan.