Can't SFD my droid x2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ltkenbo, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ltkenbo

ltkenbo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today I rooted by droid x2 successfully and afterwards tried to use D2 Bootstrapper to recreate a backup of my rom. Upon the program running the bootstrap mod it restarted and then got stuck on the motorola logo screen. I tried entering recovery mode but I just get a picture of the android dude with an exclamation mark.

So I followed this guide for SBFing my phone back to factory settings:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-x2/156101-how-sbf-x2-until-1kds-releases-iso.html

The problem is I cannot flash the thing, it won't let me. I run RSD lite 5.0 and put the phone in RSD mode, then in the program it sees it, but upon trying to flash it it says:

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unable to retrieve intialization values from ini file (0x7029); phone connected"

Also if initially I open the program and click on my device/phone under the list it will immediately change from connected... to:

"Phone[0000]; Unable to retrieve intialization values from INI file."

I don't understand what is wrong? Why can't I reflash? I have searched around and tried using different versions of RDDlite like people said but to no avail. Please help :(

2. ltkenbo

ltkenbo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?? I figured out how to get to the boot loader screen, maybe I can apply an update from an SD card instead? Would this work? If so in what form does the file need to be? An .sbf file also?? Please respond someone to at least give me some ideas. I tried different versions of RSDlite and even tried using different computers (also ran a virtual xp machine and it gave me the exact same problem). My error log is as follows:

13:23:51, October 30, 2011
    Line: 2203
    ERROR: Device SE Flash Daytona is not supported.
    File: D:\GitProjectsReleases\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashCharacteristics.cpp
    Device ID: 0

13:23:51, October 30, 2011
    Line: 1045
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file.
    File: D:\GitProjectsReleases\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
    Device ID: 0

Maybe a moderator should move this to the droid x2 hacks forum, maybe some one would be more likely to respond there. If no one will reply and I can't fix this, I will be forced to take it into verizon :(