Can't setup Hotmail using Exchange ActiveSync

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
This was working fine on my Droid 2, but I was sent a D2G replacement, and I tried to setup my email with Corporate Sync using Exchange and it always fails. I can get it to work under the regular email app if I set it as POP3, but it's not nearly as good. I've tried using the Touchdown app which also worked on my previous Droid 2, but it's not wanting to setup on the D2G, and I've been trying numerous times since Wednesday.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've done searches and I cant find anyone else with this issue.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Thanks but yeah thats the same thing I've tried over and over, and I just get "Could not connect to the server".

travisn000

Reaction score
I had the same issue trying to set up the Samsung Fascinate I bought my daughter for christmas... I am interested in any solutions (Hotmail exchange works fine on my DX with my hotmail account).

...I was thinking it might have to do with account settings, as her account has never been used with exchange. Years ago, when exchange support was first made available to hotmail users it was a paid service that I was grandfathered into for free because of my long standing acount; I was thinking maybe she (as a newer user) needed to activate exchange supports somehow?

Last edited: