cant set mp3 as text notification, file gets chopped

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by echof0xtrot, Aug 10, 2012.

1. echof0xtrot

echof0xtrot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i downloaded george takei's "ohhh myyy" intending to use is as my text notification. it's an mp3. for some reason, doing it the normal way (long pressing on the file in the music player and choosing "set as" or going through the notifications menu) only show it as available for the ringtone, for calls not texts. so i downloaded both Ringtone Maker and DroidRing. both use almost the same interface for choosing files and both give you the option to save a file as a notification, and even give you the option to set it as the default text notification right through the program.

problem is when i set it and play it, the first 2 seconds of the file are cut off. there's no "ohhh myyy," but only a "--yyy." im not editing the track in any way through either program, and the file itself (in music player) still pays correctly. why is this happening and how do i fix it? i want this as my notification!!

*edit* finally found a usb to hook this thing up to a computer. I transferred the originally downloaded file into every folder labeled "notifications" I could find. in media, in sound, even in a standalone folder I found. still no luck. any idea why this is such a headache?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. lizardbiker

lizardbiker New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Starting this morning, I have the opposite problem. I have a basic tone set as my text message notification, but for some reason it started playing Anthrax "Think About an End" whenever I get a new text. I can't get it to go back to playing the basic tone.

3. Primevyl

Primevyl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC Yin
    Try using ringtone maker from the market

Nothing never doesn't un happen to me

Search tags for this page
george takei oh my notification
george takei oh my notification android
george takei oh my ringtone android