Can't set individual ringtones on Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'Galaxy S8 Chat' started by KeThomas91, Dec 26, 2018.

1. KeThomas91

KeThomas91 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When trying to set up individual ringtones on my Galaxy S8, I do not have a tab for ringtones in contacts. There is no option. I am also using Companion Link to sync with Outlook and there is no option there also. This all started a while ago as I used to be able to do it. what has changed?
    tag: Samsung Galaxy A80 ringtone

#1 KeThomas91, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,497
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Did your phone upgrade to Android 8 Oreo lately? Google really focused on & changed Notifications and Permissions in Oreo. For some phones that made things like setting custom sounds, custom tones, etc much more difficult (or introduced bugs related to these functions).

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

3. hammerhead13

hammerhead13 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +672
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy Note9 (512GB)
    If you are using the Default Contact Manager you should see it listed after Phonetic Name. It is in the Expanded List of Contact Options. You need to Edit or do it during Creation of the Contact. There used to be an option hitting the 3 Dots of the Contact to change Ringtone but not anymore.
    I have verified being able to do so on my Note8 (8.0) and Note9 (8.1). Click on the Ringtone Field and you should be able to select the Ringtone you want on your Device.
    Screenshot_20181228-120327_Contacts.jpg

• Like Like x 1