Cant send text Error 65535

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Yeah its working now after rebooting the phone. Havent had the issue with handcent.

mobiledatadude

Reaction score
Check the number you are texting to. If its been prepending ( example = +1 201 123 1234), then it will not go through. Seen this commonly when contacts are being imported/shared from Facebook.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

baunuts

Reaction score
SMS Error Fixed

Check the number you are texting to. If its been prepending ( example = +1 201 123 1234), then it will not go through. Seen this commonly when contacts are being imported/shared from Facebook.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I was having the same issue with my Thunderbolt and removing the "+1" did not solve the problem.

UPDATE:

I went to the Verizon store and they confirmed that it was an issue with the "+1" on the Facebook integration. However, just removing the "+1" did not clear out the number from the messaging history. In order to fix you must delete the entire message thread. I did so, checking the option to delete "locked" messages as well, and was able to send texts to the numbers that were causing me issues before.

Last edited:

giovanini

Reaction score
To fix the problem go to your contacts end click edit. If the number appears as (EX: +1-234-5678) Delete the (+1) and it should work

red24698

Reaction score
I am having this issue but the number that isn't working does not have the +1 in front of it. Any other ideas?

ChAiNsAw

Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how to port all of my Facebook contacts to my actual "contacts" list without having to manually do every one of them?? I figured out that with the Thunderbolt you can't just text someone strictly from the number listed on their Facebook account because of the + sign, even though I never had a problem with previous HTC phones.