Cant send SMS/MMS. Ive already searched and tried the few things i found.

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by simonsez2die, Oct 26, 2011.

1. simonsez2die

simonsez2die New Member

Ok, Sorry guys. I hate to start a new thread with my second post but ive been looking for hours for a solution to this. I just bought a droid charge that has already been rooted and is currently running Gummycharged GBE 2.0. I have rooted and rommed the other 4 android devices I've had in the past so I'm semi literate in this junk. Anyway, this is my first 4g device. The problem I'm having is I can't send sms/mms. As soon as i touch the send button it immediately says message not sent. It doesnt act like its even getting to the point of the network actually being able to push it through. I can receive them but cant send. I've already done a data reset in recovery, twice. Did a full wipe and reinstalled the rom, twice. The last step was to call verizon and find out if there was some restriction in my account not allowing messages to be sent. The tech couldn't find anything wrong or out of the ordinary on local towers or in my account. The sms hasn't worked sinced I've had it. I did see in the settings under the TSM settings menu. there is a section for "MMS Provisioning" is there anything in this that would cause this? This TSM menu is about the only thing that wasn't on the liberty roms I ran on my DX and D2. Anything else I can try? Should I call verizon again? maybe the tech I talked to missed something....? Thanks.
  2. chumunga

chumunga New Member

I don't know a direct solution. But Here are some obvious ideas not to insult u, but did try a reboot? or try a third part sms app? r u using stock app? Did you try to unrooting? maybe a different Rom ? did u tweek the kernel or make sure its supports your Rom?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. simonsez2die

simonsez2die New Member

I have rebooted, tried using go sms and handcent. I havent changed anything in voodoo. I did look to see if lagfix was on or off. Thinking maybe that was causing some sort of wierd issues. But lagfix is off. The phone was rooted and running gummycharged when I bought it. I havent tried unrooting, I have cleared data, chache, and dalvik and reinstalled the rom but still does the same thing.
  4. Jonas

Jonas New Member

Here's a simple idea that might go a long way. Its entrely possible that when you bought theis phone, it was already wrecked, and they just passed junk along to you. Sbf your phone back to stock, and root it yourself. If that doesn't work, go to whoever you bought the phone from. I know improperly rooted phones can have data connectivity issues, so this is not uncommon.

Sent from my Banana Phone
  5. simonsez2die

simonsez2die New Member

I think I figured it out. If I set the phone to cdma only everything works perfectly. Called verizon again. The tech said the store did a bunch of work arounds trying to get it activated. And it looks like the activation is just hanging in their system. Hopefully that's all it is cause I'm really digging this phone and this rom

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

cannot send message using go sms pro

cannot send sms with go sms

cannot send text messages verizon

cant send message on go sms pro
cant send sms using go sms

cant send text messages verizon

go sms cannot send message

go sms cant send sms

go sms message not sent

go sms pro cannot send sms