Can't send pictures via text

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Garemlin, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

This problem just came up last week. Never had an issue with it before. But for some reason I can't send pics with a text message anymore. It will just sit there and idle like it is trying to send it but will never go through. Did a search but didn't see anything specific with this.
  2. GUY_INCOGNITO

GUY_INCOGNITO New Member

also cannnot send pictures via text

Ahoy,

Just ran into the same problem. sending pictures as an attachment to a text worked before but now i have the icon showing a message with a clock next to it, texts sent afterward send fine. Was not a problem before.

Any solutions?

Guy
  3. Garemlin

Sure is. My solution was to do a factory reset. Works great now.
  4. woot505

woot505 New Member

WOW!!! I have been posting ALL OVER this forum about this issue, no one knows why or what happened. there are a bunch of people this is happening to, ME included. I have rebooted, changed roms, unistalled apps, etc.... trying to fix it, but with no luck!!!! Dont know why this is happening? Havent tried a factory reset though. That is a lot of trouble to fix it, but will it happen again? and why did this happen in the first place???
  5. woot505

woot505 New Member

Is there possibly another way besides a factory reset??? If I do a reset will I loose root and EVERYTHING??? What about restoring a back up through rom? One back before this started happening???
  6. Garemlin

I researched and asked several times and the only responses I ever seemed to get was from people with the same problem. There was never any real solution. In fact Verizon's solution was going to be a factory reset too. I went ahead and did that myself. The only thing I can think might have possibly caused the problem is something from another app that may have been working against the stock messaging app. mIght have been Handsent or Chomp. I tried but did not keep them. Could have been something left over from the uninstall. Who knows.

As far as root and ROMS I couldn't tell you. I am not rooted. All I did was back up all my apps and a few other things to the SD card using Astro, removed the SD card and then did a hard reset. I am sure there is more involved when rooted.
  7. irishred916

irishred916 New Member

I have done the factory reset twice - once on the first replacement phone when my droid died on Thursday and again on the replacement for the replacement they sent me today. Verizon's Customer Service is baffled and won't do anything now because they can't recreate the problem and they have sent me two replacement phones this week. I've spent hours dealing with them to no avail. Any help would be wonderful!
  8. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Try typing a simple message in the text with the picture. I know it sounds silly but that is the fix for getting pictures to download in text messages so I wonder if that would fix the sending pics as well.
  9. bandini

bandini New Member

I've come to the conclusion that this is simply a defect with this phone. It'll work for awhile, then suddenly stop being able to send pictures via text. No one at Verizon that I've encountered has been able to help. A factory reset will help for awhile, but eventually the problem will return. I'm pretty much giving up at this point.
  10. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Well I had this problem shortly after purchasing my phone. I was all in a hype to get rid of all of the Bloat and download Dolphin Browser and Handcent Messaging apps.

Then I deleted the bloat along with the stock browser and messaging apk's.

Found out later I had to have the stock Messaging app in order to send MMS.
    So If you have deleted it, you will need to get it and reinstall it in order to MMS again.

This may not be the answer for all, but hopefully for some this will be the solution.

Search tags for this page
cant get or send photos via text android app
cant send pictures on huawei ascend
how to receive picture messages on huawei ascend

huawei ascend not sending pictures

huawei ascend plus not receiving pictures
huawei ascend plus not sending pictures
huawei ascend plus takes long to send pictures
huawei ascend plus wont send mms
huawei ascend plus wont send picture messages
huawei ascend plus wont send pictures
huawei ascend wont send pictures