Can't send pictures through mms

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One thing that I noticed I forgot to mention in this thread. My problem seems to be directly related to google voice usage. In fact my coworker who has a completely different android phone seems to be having the same problem. If I turn off voice mail forwarding I am able to receive pictures.

As far as I know I am able to send pics, but not counting on that either at this moment.
I'll try that

tarnishednite

Reaction score
Could be but I doubt it. When i decided to start all over i went back to 2.0.1 then did the OTA and then rooted 2.1. For me this problem has been on going fom the beginning no matter what Rom I use. Like I said before don't know if it's because of root, haven't been unrooted long enough to find out.

Do you have details on how you rolled back and then rooted?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Could be but I doubt it. When i decided to start all over i went back to 2.0.1 then did the OTA and then rooted 2.1. For me this problem has been on going fom the beginning no matter what Rom I use. Like I said before don't know if it's because of root, haven't been unrooted long enough to find out.

Do you have details on how you rolled back and then rooted?

Here you go:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html?highlight=root+unroot

tarnishednite

Reaction score
So it appears that with voice mail forwarding to google voice enabled I can send messages to Verizon customers, but I cannot receive them or send to anyone outside of Verizon . . . if I find other GV + Verizon users that have this same problem I'm going to start to think that this is a ploy to get us to pay for their visual voicemail service.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So it appears that with voice mail forwarding to google voice enabled I can send messages to Verizon customers, but I cannot receive them or send to anyone outside of Verizon . . . if I find other GV + Verizon users that have this same problem I'm going to start to think that this is a ploy to get us to pay for their visual voicemail service.

I know right,

Well I changed my voicemail back to "my carrier" and uninstalled GV.
Still no luck on mms, still getting them sparatically WTF!!

Were is the option for voicemail forwarding?

tarnishednite

Reaction score
I know right,

If you go to settings on google voice there is a link to set up forwarding. For Verizon you dial *71[GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER], to turn off forwarding you dial *73

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know right,

If you go to settings on google voice there is a link to set up forwarding. For Verizon you dial *71[GOOGLE VOICE NUMBER], to turn off forwarding you dial *73

Did it still no dice, this is really pissing me off!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I talked to Verizon they did all they could, looked into the switch, even disconnected my service and reconnected, still only receiving mms randomly.

So it looks like I will be getting a replacement phone. Because I bought it on Ebay brand new I had to look into my Paypal account and find a receipt saying it was brand new, never opened, and fax the info along. I hope what I faxed is sufficient.

So if/when I get my "new" phone I'll have to unroot and send the old one back.

Hopefully this droid dosen't have any issues.