Can't send picture message

mikey4226

Reaction score
I've run into my first issue since flashing rubix focused...everyone I try to attach a picture to a text message I get a force close error. I've tried both handscent and the stock messenger and they both FC. Does anyone know why?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wmedina1991

Reaction score
Had this issue before.

I did a factory reset and it worked after that

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
does that mean I have to reflash rubix and set up everything again?

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Whenever I try to send a picture mms, it keeps saying that it's "sending" but it never actually sends. I let it sit there for 5+ mins and nothing. I've tried with handscent and the stock rubix messenger and same thing happens. I am able to receive picture messages, though, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does that work? I had the same problem and I could never get it fixed. Except I couldn't receive them either. It got so annoying I switched ROMs. Does handcent work?

Sent from my DROIDX

wooddale

Reaction score
Does that work? I had the same problem and I could never get it fixed. Except I couldn't receive them either. It got so annoying I switched ROMs. Does handcent work?

Sent from my DROIDX
do you have the camera set to mms

wmedina1991

Reaction score
I had same issue.

Tried handcent. Chomp sms. Camera settings.

What ended up fixing it was factory reset. Its a known issue with dx. And verizon is supposedly looking into it. Or at least that's was tech support said.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mcp770

Reaction score
Did you try to do a *22899 to update the phone and roaming? Just a suggestion because I didn't even have this issue with the stock messaging app or handcent.

mz3dx2

Reaction score
Whenever I try to send a picture mms, it keeps saying that it's "sending" but it never actually sends. I let it sit there for 5+ mins and nothing. I've tried with handscent and the stock rubix messenger and same thing happens. I am able to receive picture messages, though, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually had this happen to me before on Rubix. The way I fixed it for me was clearing out the data/cache for the MMS app. Of course, this issue popped up again, and the second time around, I actually saved the pics, and then just directly deleted the MMS messages them from particular MMS threads. This seemed to solve the problem for me, as I previously couldn't send MMS in full strength 1x/3G signal.

You may also want to try tinkering around the MMS settings, like how much the app saves per message thread, not sure if that will help.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Did you try to do a *22899 to update the phone and roaming? Just a suggestion because I didn't even have this issue with the stock messaging app or handcent.

It worked! I dialed *22899 and then waited 10 mins or so, then I tried sending another picture text and it went through! Thanks a bunch!

To everyone else that offered suggestions, thanks for your input, but I wanted to try the least time consuming option first. I appreciate all your help, though! DF to the rescue again =)