Can't send or receive picture messages by text

Discussion in 'Samsung Stratosphere' started by mchevallier, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mchevallier

mchevallier New Member

Just got a Samsung Stratosphere yesterday. Does this phone require you to have the data connection on constantly in order to be able to send/receive pics by text? I am not able to send/receive pictures by text unless I have the data connection on. With my last phone it would automatically turn on the data connection when receiving/sending a picture and then would shut it off.

I took it to the store and of course, it worked fine. (Data connection was on.) However, there are still some points when I cannot receive or send pictures regardless. (It says "Downloading" and never changes.) They suggested I remove the battery and SIM card for 10 minutes and then put them back in. It did not help the problem.

Doing some Google searching suggests that I try a factory reset. I will but only as a last resort since I don't want to pull contacts from my old phone again. I also prefer not to have the data connection on constantly as it drains the battery. Thanks for any advice or suggestions that you can give.
  2. jay@jayscheiner.com

jay@jayscheiner.com New Member

Using Handcent. Go to Settings>Receive Message Settings: Check Auto Retreive, Check Advance Download, and Check Auto Download. On Send Message Settings; Check Auto- Resize Pictures; Check SMS to Email Gateway. This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Can now send and receive pics.
Search tags for this page
cant send pictures on droid 4
cant send pictures why?
cant send text picture on my samsung stratus
droid charge - why can't i receive pictures in my texts
i cant receive pics on my samsung stratoshere

i cant receive pictures on my android

i cant send pictures on my android
samsung phone cant receive photos
samsung stratosphere not sending pictures or receiving
why cant i recieve phoots on my samsung
why cant i recieve picture messages