Can't send or receive picture messages by text

mchevallier

Reaction score
Just got a Samsung Stratosphere yesterday. Does this phone require you to have the data connection on constantly in order to be able to send/receive pics by text? I am not able to send/receive pictures by text unless I have the data connection on. With my last phone it would automatically turn on the data connection when receiving/sending a picture and then would shut it off.

I took it to the store and of course, it worked fine. (Data connection was on.) However, there are still some points when I cannot receive or send pictures regardless. (It says "Downloading" and never changes.) They suggested I remove the battery and SIM card for 10 minutes and then put them back in. It did not help the problem.

Doing some Google searching suggests that I try a factory reset. I will but only as a last resort since I don't want to pull contacts from my old phone again. I also prefer not to have the data connection on constantly as it drains the battery. Thanks for any advice or suggestions that you can give.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Using Handcent. Go to Settings>Receive Message Settings: Check Auto Retreive, Check Advance Download, and Check Auto Download. On Send Message Settings; Check Auto- Resize Pictures; Check SMS to Email Gateway. This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Can now send and receive pics.