1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cant send mms on 5.1

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JerseyFirefighter, Mar 21, 2011.

1. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

Hey folks, I have a D1 running 5.1 and for some reason I cannot get pics to send via text. I've re-wiped and reinstalled a number of times. In between those installs Ive tried other roms and have found that I can send mms with the different roms. The problem is, 5.1 is the best looking/functioning rom ive run since i first rooted. (minus the mms problem). So I really want to hang on to 5.1 Any thoughts? Ive tried stock app, chompsms, handcent. I've tried clearing all data on all these apps with no help. Also, when I send myself an mms, I get a 1kb attachment thats blank. Any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. the other recipients also get the mms, but there is no picture there.
  2. glhelinski

glhelinski New Member

Works for me using ss5.1 and go sms with a pic from my camera

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. dcmodder

dcmodder New Member

you could try pulling the mms.apk from another rom and push it to /system/app over the one in ss. not sure if anyone has a problem with that but that's what i would try...
  4. P-Droid77

P-Droid77 New Member

Did you delete the stock messaging App? If so, no third party apps will be able to send Mms... I found out the hard way...lol

Sent from my Garage
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

So no errors, just no pics? I assume you wiped coming into 5.1 and did not restore any data via any app?
  6. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

Oddly enough, when I wiped and reinstalled apps I get the initial problem, when I wipe and reinstall rom only i get the mms size limit reached error. I attempted to install another roms mms.apk but came up with a parsing error when attempted to install via apk installer. Any thoughts?