cant see whats on my sd card

thetucks

Reaction score
I just switched from a droid x to the droid razr. I use camscanner on my droid x and have a buch of files saved on my sdcard. i put the sdcard in my droid razr and installed camscanner. it dont see my files in camscanner. any ideas why? also my pictures say they save to sdcard in the camera settings but when i go to the files and internal memory they are in the camera folder of the internal memory and on the sdcard. what am I doing wrong? thanks in advance.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just switched from a droid x to the droid razr. I use camscanner on my droid x and have a buch of files saved on my sdcard. i put the sdcard in my droid razr and installed camscanner. it dont see my files in camscanner. any ideas why? also my pictures say they save to sdcard in the camera settings but when i go to the files and internal memory they are in the camera folder of the internal memory and on the sdcard. what am I doing wrong? thanks in advance.
I'm not familiar with camscanner but I will try to help. The internal memory of your Razr is configured differently. There is a partition of the internal memory called "sd card"...but it is not the sdcard that we have come to recognize as the removal sdcard/memory. The removable sdcard (the one we are used to seeing in any file management app) is called ex-sdcard. I recommend you power off (turn off completely) your phone and reboot. Allow the OS to mount and read your "ex-sdcard". You may get different results. When you take a picture, download files/music/video/data it is going to be saved on the INTERNAL memory called "sdcard". Most apps will allow you to change where the data is dowloaded to, or you can later move the data to your "ex-sdcard" will apps like Astro etc. Hope this helps.

OP
T

thetucks

Reaction score
If I go to my files I get a couple different options. One says internal storage and one says sdcard. If I go into the sdcard it shows everything that is on my external sdcard. In the internal memory there is no folder called sdcard.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If I go to my files I get a couple different options. One says internal storage and one says sdcard. If I go into the sdcard it shows everything that is on my external sdcard. In the internal memory there is no folder called sdcard.
Ok, I understand what you're saying. If you are using the "MyFiles" app that came with the Razr then the "internal memory" (4gb) is the default memory location that files/data are downloaded to. If you're using something like Astro or other file manager, that memory will show up as sdcard...sorry for the confusion. Did the power off cycle and reboot help solve your original issue?

OP
T

thetucks

Reaction score
Ok I see what you are saying. I went to astro and see what you are saying. No the Reboot didnt fix it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok I see what you are saying. I went to astro and see what you are saying. No the Reboot didnt fix it.
Sorry, I'm not sure how to help you. Like I said, I am not familiar with camscanner.

OP
T

thetucks

Reaction score
Another thing is even in astro I have backups on my sdcard. But when I go to astro and try to look at my backups it says there are none. I can go into Astros file manager and move the backups from sdcard-ext to just sdcard they show up when I look at my backups.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Another thing is even in astro I have backups on my sdcard. But when I go to astro and try to look at my backups it says there are none. I can go into Astros file manager and move the backups from sdcard-ext to just sdcard they show up when I look at my backups.
If I understand the OP, you are using an sdcard that you used in your X...that might be the problem. I don't know if the card reader and associated software for the sdcard functions are different between the two phones. If they are that might be the problem. The card you are using was formatted in the X. The system files on the card are for the X...not sure if they would be the same for the Razr. You could save the data on the sdcard and reformat it in the Razr, then transfer the data back...maybe that will help.

Last edited:
OP
T

thetucks

Reaction score
I put the card in my computer and removed the files I wanted to keep and then formatted the card.