Can't see phonebook on Kenwood Excelon X796

5circles

Reaction score
I'm installing a Kenwood receiver in my car - the Excelon X796. It is working with my Droid Bionic as far as audio goes, but the phone book functions aren't working. All I see is "No Data". The Kenwood folks say that PBAP is needed, and the Motorola information says that the Bionic has it. The pairing is OK, and then the phone shows Downloading until it is done.

The only thing I can see that might cause a problem is that the receiver manual says supports "600 phone numbers", but I have many more than that.

The manual also suggests that if there are problems you can transfer the phone book manually, but I don't know how to do that.

Has anyone else got this problem? And solved it? :)

Thanks
Mike

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I think you answered your own question... only supports 600 numbers and you have way more than that

OP

5circles

Reaction score
I think you answered your own question... only supports 600 numbers and you have way more than that
Is there a way to set up a separate phonebook for downloiading to the receiver?

Thanks

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I've seen this problem a couple times and i never saw anybody come up with a fix... exept deleting a whole crapload of contacts you really dont need... the reciever is the problem... it has the limit of 600... it points it's download at your contact file and i don't think you can change that address on the reciever side... i did some google searching on manually loading contacts but came up with dead ends and unanswered questions again... you might be more successfull on a car stereo forum or even kenwood tech support... they used to be really helpfull back in the day but i haven't dealt with them in a long long time.. sorry i couldn't help more but these threads always end up with a sad bluetooth phonebook ending

OP

5circles

Reaction score
Deleting enough contacts to get below the receiver limit isn't really an option as I have them all on Google for other reasons.

I have asked Kenwood tech support, and I'll try the forums.

When the phone is in the cradle using the phone book and history isn't a problem, so if it doesn't get solved it won't be a disaster.

Thanks