cant see much on phone when in sunlight

rsarno

Reaction score
I have the moto Droid but will be getting the incredible soon, which I'm assuming has the same issue?

Is there a case or film I can put on to help me see the phone when in sunlight?

Googleaddict

Reaction score
If this is a big issue for you, the incredible will fail when in sunlight.Atleast from what i've heard. I can see my screen fine in direct sunlight when using auto brightness on my moto droid. My friend has the incredible and has many issues using his phone in sunlight.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no problems seeing things in sunlight on my Droid. But I run Auto-brightness, so it maxes itself out in the sun.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
The incredible is not as bright as Droid?

Yes I've tried auto and full bright. I have the power widget but when I'm outside I can't see it to make adjustments

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i'm out on my boat 4 or 5 days a week in south Florida and don't usually have an issue with it. My girl has the incredible and its almost useless in direct sunlight.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
Could it be the scratch resistant film I put on? I have no issues on my iPhone or blackberry curve

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Could be. I use Steinheil Crystal on mine with no problems.

Sometimes my polarized sunglasses mess with the angle I have to look at, but that's about it.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my polarized sunglasses mess with the angle I have to look at, but that's about it.

i get this all the time.... makes it look like theres a multicolored film on the phone.

Yep, every screen does it to a certain extent -- that's the magic of polarization. I actually have to tilt my head to the side to see the info on my truck's stereo.

OP, pull the stock film and see if it helps. It's never going to be great outside, that's just the nature of the beast. But it should be operable in direct sunlight.