Can't Root JB?

GigaJake

Reaction score
The Razr Blade method does work on a Verizon Droid 4. I've rooted my JB device twice now using this utility.

Keep trying, keep following others advice, don't give up!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
The Razr Blade method does work on a Verizon Droid 4. I've rooted my JB device twice now using this utility.

Keep trying, keep following others advice, don't give up!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Correct. I saved/protected root with OTA Rootkeeper but then went back and flashed the JB fastboot files wiping out everything. Razr_blade root method worked perfectly getting root back on a completely factory fresh (wiped) and fastbooted JB Verizon Droid 4.

New Daddy

Reaction score
Razr_blade root method worked perfectly getting root back on a completely factory fresh (wiped) and fastbooted JB Verizon Droid 4.

I don't doubt that a fresh-reset can be rooted with Razr_blade. That's what I'll be forced to do if nothing else works - factory reset the phone and root.

But for people who did not keep their root with OTA Rootkeeper and try to root an ICS-rooted phone, it looks like Razr_blade is having trouble rooting the phone. Yes, I understand that there are success stories, so I'll keep trying.

aklabs

Reaction score
What I had to do was a factory reset and then rooted. It worked perfectly after trying 3 different rooting files and switching 2 cables and numerous USB ports on my PC.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

New Daddy

Reaction score
With a back-up program with no root - I'm thinking of using My Backup Pro, how much can you salvage after a factory reset? For example, can you re-generate your 3-rd party home screen with a back-up app with no root (I use Go Launcher)?

If I can't re-generate my home screen and other set-up, I might as well just stay unrooted until a better root utility comes up. For me, the only reason to root the phone is to us Titanium Backup so I can keep the app data. But if I lose all the app data for good in the process of rooting the phone (by factory reset), rooting the phone just to be able to use Titanium Backup doesn't make sense.

OP
SylenThunder

SylenThunder

Reaction score
OK, I know it's been a while, and I don't want to get dinged for necro-ing my own thread, but....

I finally managed to get it rooted. Mainly it's taken me this long because I started a new contract with a new company and it's been rather busy.

Anyway, I'm not certain exactly what the issue preventing me from rooting was, but I narrowed it down to two possibilities.
A. Using a 64-bit OS. (Could never get that damn 64-bit motorola driver update to install.)
B. My Security software was blocking it. Even after disabling everything, I find BitDefender still manages to find a way to protect me from myself. ADB just could either never find the device, or it would lose it during the root process.

So, I used a system with Win-7 32-bit and no antivirus software whatsoever. Plugged in with the stock USB charger cable, ran the razor tool to root it, borked the first time (I think was my fault for not confirming a prompt on the phone), and worked flawlessly the second time.

No I am happily rooted and can finally kill some of those crap programs Verizon insists I need running. Really considering running the latest Cyanogen ROM though. Already installed SafeStrap, just got to figure out how to clear enough space for the ROM, and then figure out the rest of the process.
(You know how it is. I know just enough to get me in trouble, and I'm afraid of bricking my phone, but dammit, I'll probably poke at it anyway and experiment.)

New Daddy

Reaction score
This may be an isolated incident, but I'm experiencing media/phone sound issues after rooting my Droid 4. The phone has no sound for 90% of the time.

Has anyone else experienced similar sound issue after rooting?
How do yo un-root the phone? I'd like to find out if rooting was the cause of the problem.

newbroot83

Reaction score
This may be an isolated incident, but I'm experiencing media/phone sound issues after rooting my Droid 4. The phone has no sound for 90% of the time.

Has anyone else experienced similar sound issue after rooting?
How do yo un-root the phone? I'd like to find out if rooting was the cause of the problem.

To unroot go to supersu go to the menu and around the bottom you should see an option for full unroot. Make sure you change back anything you have changed from stock and put back any stock apps you may have tossed

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

newbroot83

Reaction score
Yes...unless you are using superuser. But that, in my opinion, is the easiest way to unroot. One click and done

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2