1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cant root droid 2! Rageagainstthecage Not a working method anymore?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kevinxsalerno, Apr 22, 2011.

1. kevinxsalerno

kevinxsalerno New Member

I try to follow this HORRIBLE guide:

How to Root Droid 2! | Droid 2 Hacks!

on rooting my phone, working my way around his out-dated instructions(ex: cd sdk/platform-tools instead of sdk/tools like he says) and when it comes to actually going into my droid 2 shell and executing rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, it does its little thing in cmd returning the whole big "DONATE TO US" message yata yata yata, but when its finished, i either get 1 or 2 problems that put me to a halt, varying randomly.

1. After typing adb devices to see if my phone is still there, it DOES find it, but a OFFLINE tag is right next to it...even though its on in my hand. If I try to enter shell it says Error: Device offline.

2. After executing rageagainstthemachine, the droid may still be 'online' and accesable, but when I go into the shell, there is no # for super user. Its still $.

So my question is, does this rageagainstthecage crap exploit even work anymore? Or am I just doing something wrong?
  2. kevinxsalerno

kevinxsalerno New Member

Finally rooted phone. Going to keep this thread up instead of deleteing it. Anybody lurking forums having the same problem, THE RAGEAGAINSTTHECAGE METHOD IS BROKEN/COMPLETELY A WASTE OF TIME.

Kimete.com - DarkOnion's House of Pain

Follow this guide whether it be reading it or watching the video( ) and you will root your phone as of 4/22/11! Very simple/easy!
Search tags for this page
after rageagainstthecage offline
error device not found rageagainstthecage root
rageagainstthecage
rageagainstthecage android ñ‡ñ‚ð¾ ññ‚ð¾
rageagainstthecage error device offline
rageagainstthecage ñðºð°ñ‡ð°ñ‚ñŒ

rageagainstthecage not working

rageagainstthecage not working droid x
rageagainstthecage-arm5 exploit download

rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

running rageagainstthecage