cant restore nandroids using sprecovery

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jatx2wne, May 27, 2010.

1. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so i was having bootlooping issues on dom3 which i have been running basically since it came out on and off. I decided to do a completely fresh install to see if that would help. First I completely wiped the phone with adb but when doing this i noticed that when formatting data it said that there were bad blocks which were not there before. I continued on and went to restore the nandroid after wiping it gets to unpacking data and does not go any further. So i use rsd to flash back to stock(well i used a custom image figured why not if im going through the process anyways) and it boots up completely stock. Next i use rsd to flash sprecovery. I boot into recovery and try to restore the nandroid with no luck(i have tried more than one nandroid). the last thing i did was try installing BB1.1 since it is an updatezip and it installs all the way through but now will not go past the boot logo????????? No clue what to try next any help would be greatly appreciated
    edit*** current state: I am currently back to stock. Before ending up here another thing i tried was i remembered i had the update.zip that i think i got from speedymon( i think thats who it was) that goes from 201 to 21 with root access so i tried that road flashing 201 then applying that update and it installs all the way through but bootloops at the droid eye. I reflashed 201 and am back to stock and off to bed will check back tomorrow in hope of some sort of help.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you made the backup using Clockwork then you cannot restore it with SPRecovery and vice versa

3. jatx2wne

jatx2wne Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your response but that is not the solution to my problem

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk