Can't Restore Back or access SPRecovery!!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by urisbigb, Apr 28, 2011.

1. urisbigb

urisbigb New Member

Ok, I don't know a LOT about all this stuff, but I have been successful with rooting and flashing ROMS and ever since I did, I've been running SS Roms. I started with 5.1 and then went to 5.2. I've been having a few problems with receiving some text messages and other small issues lately and I just wanted to go back to a good restore point I had a few weeks ago and I can't seem to get there.

Using ROM Manager, it says my backups don't have the correct file name... then I try to use ROM manager to reboot into Recovery and do it manually and it doesn't go into the SPRecover screen. I've tried it manually by holding x when I turn on the phone and even that doesn't work, it just show's the Motorola M and then loops until I let go of x...
    And now I'm really getting annoyed because after a few restarts, I can't even get into ROM Manager, I try to go into it, and it immediately shuts down before I can select anything in the menu!

Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys
  2. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

In my opinion, rom manager just creates issues. Have you tried to reflash your recovery?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. sparty569

sparty569 New Member

Try flashing RZR... I can't link easily while on my phone.

His forum is below this one and it is the shizzie.
  4. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I second the RZR! Been using it for awhile and its extremely stable and fast!!!!!

5. rollo69

rollo69 New Member

You can try switching/flashing to clockwork then flashing back to sprecovery in ROManager to see if that helps get you back your restore point, or just switch to clockwork and try it. Also I had a problem once similar to yours were ROManager didn't recognize my restore point and it was because I how I named the restore point ( spaces or some character used in name) caused the issue so changed the name and worked.

Wish ya the best with getting things back.
  6. urisbigb

urisbigb New Member

Is RZR a ROM? or is it a ROM management system? I admit I haven't been keeping up with all the terminology so I'm not sure what some things are! haha

I have had some luck with using ROM Manager and flashing the clockwork recovery, then was able to get into the SPRecovery and restore my 5.1 installation. But I still have some problems getting some of my gf's texts, and I never had a problem before, I'm starting to think it's her phone or carrier, but who knows. Any other suggestions out there? I like the things I can do with a rooted phone, but I'm toying with the idea of going back to a stock phone to see if it resolves my texting issue.... anyone else have problems in not receiving texts after rooting?
  7. redoregon

redoregon Member

8. PARick

PARick New Member

The texting problem is inherent with GingerBread ROMs. This is the first GB ROM where I have not missed a call/text. Do you have the SMS locked into memory?

Good luck!
  9. urisbigb

urisbigb New Member

What ROM are you using now Parick?
  10. PARick

PARick New Member

I am using Cbevy's Simply Stunning 5.2 and it works perfectly.

11. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

+1 on Chevy's 5.2

12. tbone73

tbone73 New Member

download RZRecovery SBF file and plug your droid into your laptop and open RSD lite and shut your phone down, then reboot your phone by pressing the "UP" button on the keypad and press the power on button for about two seconds, this gets you into the bootloader. Anyway browse for the RZrecovery.sbf file and select it, now install it on your phone. Shut it down and let it reboot. Now RZR is installed and now you have a good recovery. Shut it down and hit the power on button and hold "X" on your keypad at the same time. Goodluck, and you can get files and programs from Pete's website in .sbf http://www.peteralfonso.com/p/downloads.html