Can't restore apps using Titanium Backup

thunder550

Reaction score
New Bionic, rooted, coming from an X. Did a batch backup on the X with TiBu of User Apps. Swapped the SD card over to the Bionic and now when I go to do a restore on the Bionic it tells me that there are no missing apps. It says the Backup folder on the SD Card is empty. I can browse to sdcard/TitaniumBackup and see all the files, but TiBu says it's empty. Any ideas?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I havent used TB in over a year so I cant offer anything else... thats the one tip I've picked up today from others who had issues with it. I'm sure somebody else will pop in with a suggestion.

tgs3838

Reaction score
If you use Titanium backup to backup your apps. Then transfer them to the bionic with Titanium Backup... will all the saved data from the old phone transfer over? Just trying to figure out if there is a way to get app data on the new phone. Re-downloading all the apps isnt really a problem. but for me i just hate losing all the progress of games and stuff from my old phone.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
So far I haven't been able to get Titanium to even recognize that there are backups on the SD card in the Bionic. I'll keep messing with it but it doesn't look promising so far. PITA.

Artimis

Reaction score
I don't have a Bionic or Droid 3 for that matter....but from what I understand, the Droid 3 actually reads the 8 gigs of internal storage as "/sdcard" and the actual sd card as "/sdcard-ext".

I'm assuming the Bionic is probably the same way.....is it possible that Titanium Backup is hardcoded to look at "/sdcard/...."? If so, this may be why it can't find your back-ups because as far as your phone is concerned, they are on "/sdcard-ext/....".

You could try using something like Astro or ES File Explorer to confirm and copy everything over to the correct location.

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
I don't have a Bionic or Droid 3 for that matter....but from what I understand, the Droid 3 actually reads the 8 gigs of internal storage as "/sdcard" and the actual sd card as "/sdcard-ext".

I'm assuming the Bionic is probably the same way.....is it possible that Titanium Backup is hardcoded to look at "/sdcard/...."? If so, this may be why it can't find your back-ups because as far as your phone is concerned, they are on "/sdcard-ext/....".

You could try using something like Astro or ES File Explorer to confirm and copy everything over to the correct location.

Bingo! You are 100% correct. Copied /mnt/sdcard-ext/TitaniumBackup contents to /mnt/sdcard/TitaniumBackup, refreshed app list in Titanium, reloaded the app, and everything was there. Was able to restore my app data. Thanks!

Artimis

Reaction score
Awesome. Happy to help!

Now I know this will work if I end up picking up the Bio :)

tgs3838

Reaction score
Thats good to hear. Hopefully tomorrow when my phone comes in ill be able to figure out how to do this lol.

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I had this same problem!! Is there any known way to make the internal partition to have all 16 gbs available for apps? My friend has a 3 and he has this same problem with the sd card and internal storage

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
That one little difference is a PITA...need to copy my Zedge ringtone folder also...I wonder how many other apps I'll have to do this with.

jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
I was able to get titanium to recognize my SD ext. It took a little bit but I got it. I can't tell for sure what fixed it but I downloaded root toolbox and went to mount options then sdcard and then hi dual mount SD ext. And the. Ran titanium backup and went to choose backup location and then clicked search whole device and then it found the right backup folder. Again I cannot say for sure if root toolbox had anything to do with it but it works now. I don't want to use the internal SD for my backups or anything like that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Artimis

Reaction score
It looks like you can set the backup directory location with Titanium Backup. Just press menu -> Preferences -> Backup directory location.

So it does look like you can set it to save under /mnt/sdcard-ext/TitaniumBackup if you want.

shawnn125

Reaction score
Anyone get text and call log to transfer via TB to bionic?
i did it twice (restore system data), but nothig.