Can't restore any stock backups in CWM

Discussion in 'Galaxy S3 Development' started by Ultim8gamr, Aug 21, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the verizon Galaxy s3. I first rooted and created a nandroid backup last week. Then proceeded to install CM10 unnofficial with kexec. created a backup of cm10 unnofficial then went back to stock without any issues. Today I ran a nandroid backup (still stock) then performed the EZ bootloader unlock, and installed the official CM10 nightly. Got JB setup to my liking then ran a nandroid backup of the official CM10 8-21 build. When i try to restore the stock backups it gets an error when trying to load the sytem.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? I can restore the CM10 backup from today without an issue and it runs fine. I'm thinking I might have to flash the stock image and then advance restore all parts except the system from CWM. I have tried relocking the bootloader and trying again, no luck.

I'm coming from Moto so familiar with SBF. But whats the process like on sammy devices?? I've gathered that I need Odin, but where do I get the full file for the verizon galaxy s3? Also does anyone have a full system dump from the s3 (mainly looking to pull a few apps from it)?
  2. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well just went through the odin process to put down a clean install. installing cwm through odin added a count to the binary counter samsung has. Not happy with that but oh well... will install the latest nightly of CM10 and see how that goes. The only thing I want to pull from the stock S3 software is the stock messaging app to throw into the JB install.
  3. squeekybigfoot

squeekybigfoot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    did you do a clean install of the rom? And what Bootloader are you using?
  4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Ratings:
    +253
    Moved to the Galaxy S3 Development forum. :)
Search tags for this page
can't restore cwm backup
cannot restor cmw contack
cant restore backup cwm
clockworkmod error while restoring system
cwm can't restore backup

cwm error restoring system

error while restoring /system

error while restoring /system galaxy s3

error while restoring system cwm

restore cwm backup with odin