Can't reroot droid 1 after CM install...tried everything...(help)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes there is. All you need is a Linux install. You can use a live CD -- and I can provide some specific instructions to help with that -- or ADB. At least I think you can use ADB. I'm 99% sure you can use ADB, but don't quote me on that. :)

What version of RSD Lite are you using?

OP
D

dav

Reaction score
positive news...i am using RSD Lite v4.6. I had downloaded the Google SDK and have ADB...although really am not sure what I'm doing so would appreciate baby steps on how to proceed with that (if that's what you think I should do).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, ADB is out -- you have to have the phone working. I was right in thinking that earlier, but for some reason (just woke up from a DESPERATELY NEEDED nap) I couldn't wrap my mind around it.

Let's try another SBF through RSD. But first uninstall and reinstall RSD Lite. Also, what version of the Motorola drivers do you have on your PC? And what Windows are you running? (Sorry if I asked that before.)

OP
D

dav

Reaction score
i could use a nap. being noobulous is effing exhausting.

motorola driver package version is 4.8.0 (installer 3.8.2)...i opened the installer, ran the following processes in order: "clean only", "update drivers", "clean and reinstall".

RSD Lite, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Windows 7 32 bit

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Windows 7 can be tricky. Rename the SBF to "moto.sbf" and put it on the root of your C:drive and try one more time. If that doesn't work, try swapping USB ports. If you still can't get it to work then we'll try another SBF.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
just curious if you tried superoneclick? I rooted my wife's Droid 1 in about 10 seconds. Seriously.

OP
D

dav

Reaction score
furbearingmammal: WOW! ok the gears seem to be turning now...

flashing was in progress for a bit...little hiccup when I got a "code corrupt/battery low". pulled out the battery, replaced with a fresh backup, the process seems to have either started over or continued...

so i'm waiting with baited breath...

nerdslogic, thanks, i did try that but it didn't help after CM. more like CB for curb smileying poor innocent droids.

Last edited:
OP
D

dav

Reaction score
OOH YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

furbearingmammal, let me know when you plan to run for office, i'm on your campaign street team.

can't thank you enough. i feel thrilled. and nooberiffic.

looks like i can get back to root through RZR (as listed on the menus), and would dig the awesome ROM if you still think i'm worthy after all that trouble

:)

OP
D

dav

Reaction score
no, it does have OS...had to reactivate then accidentally accepted the push update (which i assume was froyo but didnt' check as i'm too excited to get the Motocache1 root going again)...so i do take back the RZRecovery point i just made, since it is gone, but i am flashing SPR back onto the unit now.