cant remove apps

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
ok..sbf'ed back to stock.. (assuming i used the correct sbf file)

question 1: blue triangle??? i assume that means i need to 228?

question 2:..i thought it made it like when you took it out of the box??? i still ahve my custom boot animation, and the wall paper is still the same as i had it. my apps are all still there...the theme is gone

other than that, everything seems to be back to normal..all the orginal apps are there, (bloat) ...etc...so now im gonna start over :D still debating on wether to use 2.1 and theme it ..or 2.2 ...(not a black glass them for 2.2 yet i think)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1:yes. if this doesnt work, call VZW to activate

2: you didnt wipe after flashing the sbf (go into recovery and wipe data/cache)

please read about what youre doing before trying to do it again- saves us both time

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
1:yes. if this doesnt work, call VZW to activate

2: you didnt wipe after flashing the sbf (go into recovery and wipe data/cache)

please read about what youre doing before trying to do it again- saves us both time

thanks...well i didnt know exactly what i was doing lol..cuz none of the directions i was following were working.

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
im trying to do the root, when i get to command

adb push exploid /sql

its just giving me "error read only file system"

cant get around it..tried adb and terimal on the phone.

i think i need a rooted sbf

Last edited:
OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
right on..

well its fixed now. i flashed the stock sbf back on (using the correct cable this time) and its all goo to go now, did a factory data reset im back to stock..thank god

i THINK that using my dare cable didnt complely flash it. i think it wrote some files and not others, or something, cuz it was like some directories were locked, and some were, some old files wehre still there, and some werent..it was weird..oh well fixed now though.

tobytl

Reaction score
LOL. I'm not laughing at you, just that it took 3 pages... The system partition is mounted as read-only on bootup. The exploits remount it for you (most of them anyway), but once you reboot, you need to do it manually. After you su for root access, execute these commands (ADB or terminal, doesn't matter).

Read-Write:
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

Read-Only: (You should either reboot, or remount as read-only when you don't need to change anything, for safety and all)
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
..i never had root access, that was the problem, none of the methods were working

tobytl

Reaction score
Hmm, thought TIBackup worked for you to remove an app from /system/app? If so, then you did have root access.

The remount command in the bloat sticky is wrong. DroidX doesn't use yaffs, it uses ext3, so that command probably wouldn't work (hopefully it would just fail, or mount as ext3 anyway, as that can screw up a system partition if it forces it to mount as yaffs...)

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
Hmm, thought TIBackup worked for you to remove an app from /system/app? If so, then you did have root access.

The remount command in the bloat sticky is wrong. DroidX doesn't use yaffs, it uses ext3, so that command probably wouldn't work (hopefully it would just fail, or mount as ext3 anyway, as that can screw up a system partition if it forces it to mount as yaffs...)

yeah read on....it stopped working totally.. i lost root completly..no idea why.

and the second problem was that i didnt get a clean flash cuz i used the wrong cable and that sent me for a even bigger loop.