Can't remember GMAIL addy

DeniseB

Reaction score
I lost my Motorola Droid recently and had to go through Asurion for the replacement. Stupidly, I hadn't taken advantage of the backup feature through Verizon. The tech set up my gmail account for me and I never signed into the account online for anything...only used it on my phone itself. I've spent hours trying all sorts of combinations of usernames and passwords and cannot seem to get the right combo. Is there any way that I can recover the e-mail addy or should I just cut my losses and create a new one. I'd really like to be able to sync my calendar more than anything.

Thanks!

Droids

Reaction score
You're going to be stuck creating a new gmail account. Do it online and then sign into your replacement phone with the new addy. In addition to losing your previous calendar you'll lose any contacts you set up under the old account. If you do remember how to access your previous account some day, you'll still be able to use it.

Those Verizon reps, so helpful aren't they. I told them I already had a gmail account and the jerk wanted me to give him the username and password so he could setup my droid for me. Yeah, right.

OP
D

DeniseB

Reaction score
I was afraid I'd have to start over again. I'm so bummed that I've lost my calendar and contacts. I've got my old palm desktop on an old computer and will be able to transfer those contacts over...I think. But sounds like I've lost anything associated with that other gmail address.

The reps at the Wireless store near me are awful...tried to get a case for the replacement phone and they didn't have any and told me that I was outta luck because they weren't ordering anymore.

This is going to take me days to get set back up. :(

Droids

Reaction score
You should at least know your old gmail email address, right? That's half the battle, just need the password now. Maybe Google can help you gain access, like if there was a security question/answer set up for the account. Also keep in mind that all paid apps are tied to the gmail account too.

Really need to know your gmail address and password and use it at the web site now and then. Much easier to add contacts and calendar events on a computer than on the phone, and the backup is automatic. Get a new phone, sign into it, and all your email, calendar events, contacts, free and paid apps, are automatically synced to the phone. Hope you can get back into the old account at some point.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you're not certain of your address, did you ever email anybody from the phone (potentially with that address)?

OP
D

DeniseB

Reaction score
If you're not certain of your address, did you ever email anybody from the phone (potentially with that address)?

Unfortunately not...but I did have a paid app or two on there. Off to try that route. Thanks!!!