Can't regain screen while on speakerphone

giametti

Reaction score
Using the speakerphone on my Droid 2 is almost useless. After a short period, the screen goes black, and NOTHING can make it come back. The only thing is to press the power button, which ends the call. Is there any way to make the screen active again?

lizard

Reaction score
Settings>display>screen timeout>set timeout time. I have mine set to never timeout. I think that will fix it.

KathiHR

Reaction score
I keep my screen saver on a for a short time (30 sec?) and when it goes black during a phone call, I press the house icon at the bottom. The screen comes right back on. When the screen goes black, it doesn't effect the quality of my call.

Omneitic

Reaction score
I think there is a sensor designed in the Droid 2 that can tell based on the vertical alignment whether the phone is 'up to your face' or not, because my screen will often black out when I'm on a call but I notice that if I move it far enough away from my face and tilt it, the screen becomes active again. Not sure why pressing the lock button would end the call, that doesn't happen for me.

lizard

Reaction score
Settings>Accesssibility>Power button ends call

Uncheck this and you will stop dropping calls when you hit power.

Omneitic

Reaction score
Settings>Accesssibility>Power button ends call

Uncheck this and you will stop dropping calls when you hit power.

There you go. Great answer. Do that and then when you press the power/lock button it should reactivate the screen properly.