can't recover droid X

kevinmayres

Reaction score
:icon_eek:
I tried putting GummiJar on my DX 2.1 to no avail. it hangs at the Boot screen logo.. Tried clearning cache and factory reset. Also can't get into Clockword mod recovery. Ideas..? I'm desperate. Thanks.
Kevin

mcp770

Reaction score
Do a search and find the FULL 2.3.340 sbf file. Probably xda site is your best bet. Sbf will update your phone to the correct version.

z06mike

Reaction score
Pull the battery out, plug the phone in, replace the battery and power on. This should boot you into clockwork :)

OP
K

kevinmayres

Reaction score
re: power technique

If I plug it in with or without the batter in, it powers on to the "M" symbol indefinitely. I'm grabing the SBF now. - kevin

Uvfriend

Reaction score
Try to clear partition cach... And than reboot. It will yake you to clockwork recovery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

kevinmayres

Reaction score
I got this resolved previously but the cache clearing did not work and neither did hard reset. I had to do the SBF file via Motorolla utility (many thanks to you for this btw.) Now I've tried to flash GummyJar again with same result. This time I did select the right options along the way but same result. UGGGG
Any thoughts guys!
Kevin

OP
K

kevinmayres

Reaction score
btw, I can't boot into clockwork recovery unless I'm doing it wrong. It boots into Android Recovery but can't do anything with ROM's in there except back to factory default (hard reset) which does not work btw.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You have Bootstrap, right?

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
K

kevinmayres

Reaction score
yup, I had it installed before it failed to boot. I use Power+VolumeDown+Camera to get into USB recovery and Power+Home to get into Bootstrap recovery. It just says it's Andoid Recovery however. None of the options in there such as Clear Cache or Wipe and factory default end up resulting in it powering up past the "M" screen. Strange.

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
I pressed just the camera button not meaning to and got into it... Idk tho youtube vid or sbf.

Sent from my DROIDX