Can't receive calls, home button not working, can't lock.

paramax55

Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing today. Rooted, 2.1, no games.
Fixed it with a factory reset. Took about 30 minutes to reinstall all of my apps.

Last edited:

djochims

Reaction score
Same here

I have the same issue with my droid. The only app I've installed recently is Weatherbug Elite. Have one or two other apps but they have been on it for a month or better w/o problems. My question is if I do a farctory reset, and the apps all go away do I have to pay for them again ? I've only had my droid for a month and a half and still learning on it.

paramax55

Reaction score
When you sign into Android Market, it will remember you and what you have downloaded and/or paid for. Just press the "menu" soft key (after you start the market app) and select "downloads." Everything you have downloaded and/or paid for will be listed and you can install everything again. Just click and wait... click and wait... click and wait...

iammattjones

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. Rooted Droid with Simply Stunning 3.2 installed. Just after I installed the ROM my lock button quit locking the phone. Once the screen times out and locks it self I'm able to use the lock button to turn on and off the screen. Once the screen is unlocked and back on the home screen it quits working. I've pulled the battery, wiped the data and cache partitions, and tried a couple of different ROMS to no avail. Anyone else got any ideas?

iammattjones

Reaction score

WebmastuhB

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Motorola Droid. I did not install or update anything too unusual. I did not install the NFL software above. I simply locked my phone with the power button, and then used the mute button to silence the phone. Last night I took a nap, when I woke up, the phone was acting oddly.

Home and search buttons vibrate, but do not work. Camera button does not work. Power button shuts the screen down, but does not lock the Droid. Adjusting the volume with the screen shut down causes the screen to wake up. Brightness doesn't seem to adjust in a dark room (this might be my imagination). All ring tones were set to "Silent". All incoming calls go strait to voicemail, and my Droid has no knowledge a call was missed. Bluetooth seems like its hosed up. Holding the power button for a long time brings up a menu with only option of "Power Off". No airline options available.

I've rebooted a couple of times, but that didn't work. I'm going to try pulling the battery and messing around with Spare Parts.

I kinda don't want to do a factory reset. I did one before and they are a little bit of a pain in the ass.

It would be nice to know why this happened and help with a bug fix.

paramax55

Reaction score
All of your important data should either be on the SD card or stored with Google. It took about 30 minutes to reinstall my apps and I was using 3G with 2 bars. It would have been probably 1/2 that on wifi. I easily spent 30 minutes f-ing around with the thing before I just did the reset...

Xerozix

Reaction score
Happened to me today during school.

Running a Motorola Droid with Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 (at the time of problem OC'd to 1100 SV 7 Bekit), but now I'm running my Droid with Cyanogen 5.0.7.1 Stock clock.

Frustrated the hell out of me, I booted into recovery, and started my long chain of restoring an entire Nandroid from about a month ago, restoring my sd-ext, restoring some data, etc.

JoeyO

Reaction score
same issue

I'm having the exact same problem -- home button no longer works, can't receive calls, ringtone set to silent, power button menu only shows "power off".

Based on the different cases on this thread there does not seem to be common cause. Any hope for a fix anytime soon, besides factory resets?

garryyjr

Reaction score
Bump.. Any ideas what caused this.. I am bout to do a factory reset on my wife's phone..

paramax55

Reaction score
Root your phone and use a Simply Stunning rom. Then you can use Chevy's "bkapps" and "rstapps" scripts to backup and restore your phone. It will literally take less than 5 minutes to backup, wipe, and restore your phone. It will be like nothing happened to it.

luvme11

Reaction score
wow

Same thing happn to my phone won't lock, won't ring, but says someone called in my call log. My phone is f up.. sorry thing is I can't reset my factory settings because my verizon droid is flashed to cricket and I wil have to pay to flash it again. If anybody knows what to do please help........thank u

paramax55

Reaction score
You may get away with simply wiping the phone, which should't touch your flash. Learn to flash your phone yourself, that way you don't have to worry about it. Otherwise you are tied to the person who flashes your phone for ever.