Can't open Marketplace

Dirtyred

Reaction score
So I was trying to look up some new Apps and when I went to the Market it gives me ( Sorry! The application Market has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again) I try and try and nothing. My droid isn't rooted.

Can someone help me with this.

OP
D

Dirtyred

Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one having this problem. Time to take it to verizon and see what they say.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the only one having this problem. Time to take it to verizon and see what they say.

Before you do that you may want to try a simple reset of your device (off/on). That may clear things up for you.

OP
D

Dirtyred

Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet but how much stuff will I lose if I do it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried that yet but how much stuff will I lose if I do it.

Just go there and it will tell you exactly what it's going to keep and what you will lose. It will say downloaded applications, but they will still be available in your download folder in the market. That is if you can get there. See if you can at least get there. Press the menu button and you should see downloads.

OP
D

Dirtyred

Reaction score
Well I went to the verizon store and they couldn't fix my issue so they are going to send me a new phone

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just a note for anyone reading this thread. AppBrain is an app available in the market and online (Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain). It provides the ability both to identify apps to download and tracks the apps you have on your phone.

If, like the OP, you're forced to get a new phone, your list of installed apps is useful for downloading them over again.

Note, however, that only apps available in the market are shown and apps available only for Android 2.0+ are not included even if they are in the market. Nevertheless, my list includes almost all of my installed apps and I was able to use it to create a list when I was called on to configure my wife's new Droid last week.

OP
D

Dirtyred

Reaction score
Just a note for anyone reading this thread. AppBrain is an app available in the market and online (Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain). It provides the ability both to identify apps to download and tracks the apps you have on your phone.

If, like the OP, you're forced to get a new phone, your list of installed apps is useful for downloading them over again.

Note, however, that only apps available in the market are shown and apps available only for Android 2.0+ are not included even if they are in the market. Nevertheless, my list includes almost all of my installed apps and I was able to use it to create a list when I was called on to configure my wife's new Droid last week.

Good looking out. A good to know post