1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't move files from SD to Phone Memory

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by toysturnaseraphim, Jan 2, 2011.

1. toysturnaseraphim

toysturnaseraphim New Member

I'm a new D2G owner, thought it was an upgrade from my Omnia, which allowed me total access to all files, expected the same from D2G. I have Astro, am rooted, (learned all 'bout that here, so thanks) but I cannot move files into my System/Media/Notifications file so that i can dump "ARing" but still have personal soundz. I've read elsewhere here that such a action is possible but can't figure out why I have no access. Any help?
    also:
    when usb connected through USB Mass Storage am given access to (G:), which is obviously my SD card, but when in Pc Mode am given access to "Droid 2 Global" which once entered reads as Removable memory and is only media files, i.e. Albums, dcim, and music. WTF?! is ther no external access to internal memory?
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Astro doesn't have root permissions. You need Root Explorer. I think its 99 cents but well worth it.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. toysturnaseraphim

toysturnaseraphim New Member

Root Explorer works; appreciation!
Search tags for this page

droid 2 global replace sd card

how to transfer files to internal memory of droid 2 global

moving files from sd to phone memory

whycan'ti transferaudio files yo sd catsongs5