Cant mount SDCARD:/nandroid

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jak86, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jak86

jak86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone,

trying to restore petes backup for bugless beast v9. i made my own backup with no problem but when I go to advanced restore and select choose backup this is the error i get.

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
    (No such file or directory)
    E:Can't mount SDCARD:/nandroid

i can reboot to my phone and the sd card can be mounted. What did i do wrong?

thanks

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. rdiggity123

rdiggity123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ever get this figured out? I'm having the same problem if I try to do an advanced restore.

3. jak86

jak86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey rdiggity123,

Nobody has been able to answer this question for me. Here is another post I put on Rescue Squad hoping someone with extensive knowledge would be able to figure out...no answer.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ind-answer-hoping-someone-can-figure-out.html

That should explain what i've gone through. I was able to root, but out of the 11 trys only about 8 or 9 were successful, the other 2 or 3 gave me that error when I tried to install the root update.zip file.

I've given up at this point until someone can either explain what the error is and how to fix it or send me an annonymous email telling me how to get my phone exchanged...not holding my breathe lol.

If you get farther than me please post back...id love to have a rooted droid with a custom rom but as for me everyone has given up or gotten frustrated

4. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried leaving the .zip ext. off of the install file? I had to do this to get root. Seems Vista knows it's a zip file. It dosen't add a visable extension, but it's there. I tried a lot of update files and renamed them all update.zip and it would not loadand had an error similar to yours. After much wailing and nashing of teeth (4th or 5th attempt) I remembered seeing in the header of one update posts about making sure it was not loaded as update.zip.zip. Renamed my next one just update, moved it to the SDcard and installed.

Worked.

5. jak86

jak86 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wricks,

I did name mine correctly. The first tutorial I used showed how to show file extensions on vista...that tutorial requires removing the extension off of the flash file so our phones can read it correctly. Having 2 .zips wasnt an issue for me...one time the file would apply just fine and the next id get that error.

Thanks for the reply!

Search tags for this page
can t mount sdcard update zip
can't mount /sdcard/update.zip
e can't mount dev block mmcblk0p1 or dev block mmcblk0
huawei u8220 cant mount sdcard

i9003 cannot mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1

nandroid backup on devices without sd card
nandroid restore cant mount sd card
ø­ù„ ù…ø´ùƒù„ø© error mount sdcard
problem i9003 can't mount sd card
x10 cant mount dev/block