Can't mount SD via USB?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Oxymoron, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron New Member

First off, forgive me if this has been asked/addressed already.... but the search funtion in the app is almost useless. The results were seemingly unrelated to my query. Anyhow....

Since flashing 5.4, I haven't attempted to mount my SD via USB until today... so I hadn't noticed this.

I get no notification that it is even connected when plugged into the PC via USB. I toggled debugging a few times just to see if it made a difference, but it didn't.

The PC definitely recognizes a device is plugged in, because I get the audible notification. I also get the USB icon in the notification bar when using Wired Tether (because I have the notification enabled in development settings).

Anyone else experienced this, or resolved this?

Again, apologies if this has been addressed... the tapatalk search is just terrible!

*customized tapatalk signature*
  2. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I've actually noticed this too, are you using the kernel that came with the ROM or a different one? I flashed the 1100mhz medium voltage kernel and it doesn't work for me. Don't know if it does with the stock kernel or not.
  3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron New Member

I'm using the 1.1 Ghz LV kernel. Actually, I had a few heat issues when using any of the kernels from the 5/31 batch so I switched back to the 1.1 LV from the 3/24 batch.

I know it worked on SS 5.3 because I used it. I can take the card out of the phone of course, but it's so much more convenient to just plug it into the computer.
  4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron New Member

I eventually ended up formatting /system, /cache, and wiping dalvik. Then I re-flashed the the unthemed 5.4. I miss the animations. I'll flash back to themed when 5.5 drops.

Everything is working well now :)

*customized tapatalk signature*
  5. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Yeah same here, I'm running unthemed right now while using a "test theme" I got from someone on G+. When 5.5 comes out (which might actually be a while) I'll go right back to the themed version.