Cant Mount SD In recovery, please help.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sniper_5, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright I'm running SS 5.0, when I first installed the ROM I set everything up (apps, settings etc.) and then made a backup. I recently decided to make a new backup so I could flash back to UD 2.5 and mess with the issues Im having on SS later. Now all of a sudden my SD card wont mount in recovery (clockwork). Any troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated! (Ive never had this issue before and have made several backups of SS and other ROM's before) To note: Ive never used RSDLite/SBF (ever) and Im running Linux Ubuntu 10.10 on my laptop (my only computer) Again, any help is appreciated!

2. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try flashing spr in rom manager then flashing back it may take a few times for cw to unbreak. My wifes phone did that to me last night and I had a hell of a time getting a good flash but finally did. You can also try when booting in recover scroll around for a minute. What I like to do is hit install zip/choose zip/ then scroll if it freezes then the recovery is broken and it then will reboot. When the screen goes black hit x and hold it until you get back into recovery. Usually that will fix it for that time so you can go about doing what you are doing. What I have read is that if it takes longer then3-4 sec for rom mngr to say cw flash successful then it was a bad flash. Giver her a shot. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Flashed SPR then CWMR Error code I get when attempting to make the backup:
    Cant mount /sdcard
    E: Cant mount /dev/blcok/mmcblk0 (or /dev/blcok/mmcblk0p1) (invalid argument)

4. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cant get past M logo with SPR flashed. I was hoping I could make a backup with that and flash my UD 2.5 then reflash CWMR and restore my backup. no suck luck :-(

5. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So r u using rom manager?

6. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im using Rom manager to flash the recovery images, I boot directly into recovery (after shutting the phone off) to make backups etc.

7. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When in rom manger flash spr then flash back to cw without going into recovery. Like I said you may need to flash cw a few times. A good flash should only take 3-4 sec to say successful.

8. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, Im working on my 5th flash from/to CW. Gonna boot into recover now and try again.

9. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then if you can get into cw scroll around for a min to see if it is going to break. If it does hold x till it boots back into recovery then double check it. It should be ok for that one time.

K let me know

10. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still wont mount SD in recovery, scrolling around doesnt cause a reboot.

11. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm I am going to do some searching around here. With my wifes last night I had to put it down for a little bit. Then when I was ready I rebooted the phone let it boot back up and flashed cw and it worked.

12. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I had windows atm so I could just use the program lol. Oh well, Im tempted to do a system wipe/restore but Im worried Ill still be on SS with that and Ill be back to square one on top of not being able to restore UD. lol

13. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt do that yet. Have you tried it again? This is all I can find right now but I am still looking.
    Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  14. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive tried again but now it takes over 15 seconds to flash either recovery.

15. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    recovery is now completely gone, wont go past M when attempting to enter recovery.

Search tags for this page

cant mount sd in recovery

cant mount sd s3

cant mount sdcard clockwordmod galaxy s

clockwork recovery can't mount sd i747
cw rm cant mount
rooted s3 cant mount sdcard in recovery
samsung galaxy s duos clockwork recovery unable to mount sdc
samsung galaxy s3 recovery unable to mount sdcard
unable to mount sd recovery rezound