1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

can't manage apps.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by deadernie, Mar 21, 2010.

1. deadernie

deadernie New Member

If I go to menu/settings/applications/manage apps, all of my apps don't show up and the spinning circle thing at the top right of the screen never stops. If I select a spefic app I can't do anything because it tells me it's computing. Wanted to clear my cache on the non-gmail app because it's constantly force closing but I can't even get that far.
  2. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

I assume you have a Droid, and that you've turned it off and then on again?
  3. deadernie

deadernie New Member

Droid. Yes. Turned it off and back on again and even tried pulling the battery. Still no success.
  4. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What are you running? Are you rooted? Are you using Home++ or something similar? Sounds like it is a conflict with another application you have going on.
  5. deadernie

deadernie New Member

Not rooted and not running Home++ or anything similar. I've had this problem with the email since about a week after I got my phone in november. Had it swapped for a new one then after trying to uninstall all other apps. VZW even had me try a hard reset but that didn't change anything. And while still in the store activating the new phone had the same problem with the email force closing. The problem seems to reoccur about every two weeks.
Search tags for this page

android always says computing