can't manage apps.

deadernie

Reaction score
If I go to menu/settings/applications/manage apps, all of my apps don't show up and the spinning circle thing at the top right of the screen never stops. If I select a spefic app I can't do anything because it tells me it's computing. Wanted to clear my cache on the non-gmail app because it's constantly force closing but I can't even get that far.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I go to menu/settings/applications/manage apps, all of my apps don't show up and the spinning circle thing at the top right of the screen never stops. If I select a spefic app I can't do anything because it tells me it's computing. Wanted to clear my cache on the non-gmail app because it's constantly force closing but I can't even get that far.

I assume you have a Droid, and that you've turned it off and then on again?

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
Droid. Yes. Turned it off and back on again and even tried pulling the battery. Still no success.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are you running? Are you rooted? Are you using Home++ or something similar? Sounds like it is a conflict with another application you have going on.

OP
D

deadernie

Reaction score
Not rooted and not running Home++ or anything similar. I've had this problem with the email since about a week after I got my phone in november. Had it swapped for a new one then after trying to uninstall all other apps. VZW even had me try a hard reset but that didn't change anything. And while still in the store activating the new phone had the same problem with the email force closing. The problem seems to reoccur about every two weeks.